Satisfying wins after being robbed..

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
brilliant fight but lets be honest Shogun won..
bf25d295c66e8f91f5d710cec349e071.png

What ensued was a ton of bickering between fans on who won what rounds, even down to the damn stats, then in the rematch all that bickering was put to rest in dramatic fashion, very satisfying.
3008731.jpg

Any others you can think of? How about fights where a guy gets robbed then actually loses the rematch :(

Shogun definitely got robbed in the first fight, but that staring contest was far from "brilliant."

Williams/Martinez

WilliamsvsMartinez05.jpg

10.gif

Jones/Tarver

450px-Jones-Tarver_I_478581.jpg

PVAWd0D.gif

Holyfield/Lewis

375px-Lewis-Holyfield_I-BX002619.jpg

20305Lewis_Holyfield_2.gif

Corrales/Castillo (I consider it a robbery because Corrales took out his mouthpiece on purpose several times after being knocked down to have extra time to recover)

corrales-end-9.jpg

r8C-iv.gif

The backstory of first fight for Shogun was memorable. You remember all the kicks. He said afterwards: "Lyoto is a great fighter so I practiced a thousand kicks per day, because that was our strategy and I tried to do that in the fight."

Bruce Lee once said: "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

I remember Shogun put so much work into prep for the first fight only to lose. I remember the extreme frustration on his face when the decision was announced. So the emphatic & dramatic win the second time was so satisfying.

"That man had a lot of pent-up frustration based on the first fight and he just took it out on Machida."-Joe Rogan

Last edited:
In no way was Shogun robbed against Machida. Fight could have gone either way

Shogun vs. Machida

Not a robbery but Shogun vs. Griffin 2 because Forrest was a glorified bum.

I got the most happy I've ever gotten from a fight via Marquez Pacquiao IV. The way JMM shut down all subsequent rematches was very delicious too.

Honorable mention to Lawler Hendricks II. No holding on for dear life in round 5 for Rig the second time around.

Last edited:
Mac Danzig was 'robbed' against Matt Wiman and then lost the rematch.

Back