Sapp spent the end of his career paying off big medical bills, is retiring with $10M

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the trascription as provided by Submission Radio, with the audio below:

mkklg8.jpg

BOB SAPP

Last edited:
like a motherfucking G!

sherdog praise/hate doesn't pay bills.

Easy to throw a fight when you know you'll lose anyways.

Someone re-edit that post to include commas.

Seriously though, I find it hard to believe that this dude has 10M. That would make him one of the richest MMA fighters. I just don't buy it. Did Pride pay that well? Doubt it. I'm not sure they paid period. And he's now a professional jobber. Does that pay well? Naw.

Seriously though, I find it hard to believe that this dude has 10M. That would make him one of the richest MMA fighters. I just don't buy it. Did Pride pay that well? Doubt it. I'm not sure they paid period. And he's now a professional jobber. Does that pay well? Naw.

He's a pro wrestler and fighter who's absolutely loved in Japan. He's been in several movies and countless commercials. He's definitely seen opportunities to earn major cash.

he fought k1 as well when it was still very big....he fought pride/k1 and all the other fights he had, I've seen him in several movies and he was big in Japan.

10 million is certainly possible

He said he got paid 100,000 grand to fight Ernesto Hoost, and over 500,000K when he beat him the second time.

That is about 600,000K right there, so where the other 9 point something million dollars came from, i am not so sure of.

He said he got paid 100,000 grand to fight Ernesto Hoost, and over 500,000K when he beat him the second time.

That is about 600,000K right there, so where the other 9 point something million dollars came from, i am not so sure of.

those two fights alone are 600.000

let alone all the other big fight purses he has earned in both pride and k1 + he starred in alot of movies and commercials

he's not lying

i don't doubt about the 10M $.

Acting, pro wrestling, K-1, MMA, game shows, commercials, various other appearances.

at the top of his MMA/K-1 fame, he was getting booked for gigs (not fights) left and right. He really cashed out on his "Monster" persona... Even at the end, when he was fighting cans, i doubt that he'd do it for less than 30-40K net profit per fight...

what i do doubt is that he finished university. That block of uncoherent text makes me (a non-native) embarrassed just reading it.

those two fights alone are 600.000

let alone all the other big fight purses he has earned in both pride and k1 + he starred in alot of movies and commercials

he's not lying

The only thing he is lying was he was so juiced against an un juiced Hoost.

He probably made more money than you think fighting in Japan. Apparently him and Cro Cop are the only two mma fighters ever to be officially recognized by the Japanese government, with the emperor there and professional photographers and a little parade and stuff.

i don't doubt about the 10M $.

Acting, pro wrestling, K-1, MMA, game shows, commercials, various other appearances.

at the top of his MMA/K-1 fame, he was getting booked for gigs (not fights) left and right. He really cashed out on his "Monster" persona... Even at the end, when he was fighting cans, i doubt that he'd do it for less than 30-40K net profit per fight...

what i do doubt is that he finished university. That block of uncoherent text makes me (a non-native) embarrassed just reading it.
Yeah, you nailed it. It's not money he made solely from fighting but rather all the other shit he did as a result of the reputation he developed from fighting.

Now, I hate to be that guy out of respect for the English you've learned (better than most native speakers!), but it's "incoherent" :wink:

While everyone is sitting on their computers arguing about the numbers that Bob threw out there in regards to his retirement, he is in Japan doing ads for new balance and budweiser and making even more money.

Haters can keep hating. See if all that hate fills up their bank accounts.

Now, I hate to be that guy out of respect for the English you've learned (better than most native speakers!), but it's "incoherent" :wink:

damn it!

this always happens when i speak/write about other people's grammar... :redface:

If he is his own accountant and moves the money well instead of wasting it on hookers and parties like a lot of MMA fighters, 10 mil isnt all that crazy.

MMA is a lot of risk for little gain, thats why Brock went back to Pro Wrestling.

Japanese commercials are some of the best paid ads in the world so he would have made more from endorsements than fighting.
Good luck to him for cashing in as he was more a sideshow than a legit fighter.
Obviously a smarter business man than a lot of fighters.
Remember Mike Tyson made close to $200Mil and went broke so if Sapp only made $2 Mil and turned it into 10 good on him.

I do not think some of you people realize how big he was in japan! His fight with akebono in k1 is the most watched fight in history of sports with over 50 million people watching live as it happened ( over HALF the country of japan was watching). He is a pitchman for all kinds of crazy products and just about everything that can have bopp sapp on it did at one time in japan. From dildo's and sexual aids to food and drinks. He also had a number 1 album in the country as a singer. He was a pro wrestler for njpw for years also and made like 40-50k per event for them.

Back