Media Sandhagen says Umar negotiations have stalled, doesn't wanna give him any advantages

Forget international fight week why wouldnt this be on the Saudi card? Khamzat and Umar are like only two they can put on that Saudi card to make it big cause its not gonna be Islam.

Would be stupid of UFC to put this in US but I can see Sandhagen not loving having to go over there.

I swear Umar himself asked for 5 rounds as well, because he wants to know he's ready for a 5 round title fight.
Yeh: https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/3/...gen-fight-in-june-expects-title-shot-with-win
Yeah, I thought the same so I watched the video. It turns out that not once does Sandhagen say UFC and Umar are pushing for a 3-round fight but the title makes it seem that way. Sandhagen even mentions the UFC have yet to check in with him so what negotiations?

Cory says that he considered the offer, but would like to have a 5 round fight, seeing that Umar maybe doesn't have that cardio in him:

Maybe I missed it TS but where does Cory confirm he has an offer on the table? Timestamp would be appreciated.

Fight should be five rounds. It has title implications

This fight should headline a fight night card and be 5 rounds.

How does that fight hold up? I'm horribly biased against Hendricks and love Condit, so I don't trust my scoring, but I had it 29x28 Condit back then.

I don't trust my memory on that at all because I've been so terribly wrong remembering stuff like that before but anyways.. off the top of my head I remember it as a clear cut decision win for ole Johnny

I don't trust my memory on that at all because I've been so terribly wrong remembering stuff like that before but anyways.. off the top of my head I remember it as a clear cut decision win for ole Johnny
I'll have to bite the bullet and rewatch it.

I hope he gets his conditions because he is right about Umar needing to fight 5rds.

Enough Team Eagle privilege.

Just try to keep the fucking playing field level at least. Fight on neutral ground more. If you expect a fight to be a number 1 contender fight. I expect it to be 5 rounds.

I hope Sandhagen doesn’t give in. He has the higher rank and shouldn’t have to cage in on any demands. He’s doing Umar a favour by accepting a fight with him.

Enough..

1710964922414.gif

Rewatched it. Hendricks was content to hang on for dear life if he couldn't land the big left hand, but nothing much else. He deserved to win under the ruleset, but Condit had the bigger moments and did more off of his back. Hendricks faded hard keeping up with Carlos toward the end. I wish they had made it five rounds instead.

Very narrow 29x28, but I'm very surprised it got him his title shot.

Rewatched it. Hendricks was content to hang on for dear life if he couldn't land the big left hand, but nothing much else. He deserved to win under the ruleset, but Condit had the bigger moments and did more off of his back. Hendricks faded hard keeping up with Carlos toward the end. I wish they had made it five rounds instead.

Very narrow 29x28, but I'm very surprised it got him his title shot.

That sounds about right. Hendricks did enough to get the decision without controversy.

Cory is significantly higher in the ranking so Umar doesnt have the leverage to negotiate stipulations.

Besides, this fight should be a 5 rounder because the winner will be in consideration for a title shot.

Why should Sandhagen defend his rank on enemy soil? Sandhagen is ranked at 3. Umar is number 10. Fuck that shit.

It's a business, money talks. Aljo defended his title in Boston which was considered enemy territory because of the Irish connections. I doubt Cory cares where the fight is held.

I agree it should be a 5 rounder. These guys are two of the best fighters in the division.

But I didn't catch where he said the negotiations have stalled.

That the title is pushing the idea that Umar and team stalled the negotiations because they are pushing for 3 rounds only , but I didn't see it in the cliffs or hear Cory say it, maybe I missed it.

Imagine this wrestler’s biggest concern is getting tired before his opponent in a 5 round fight. That kind of fighting mentality is so boring to me. To me it sounds like Umar is looking to blanket to a decision and knows his style is hard to sustain for 25min, unless you’re Merab D.

Last edited:
I agree it should be a 5 rounder. These guys are two of the best fighters in the division.

But I didn't catch where he said the negotiations have stalled.

That the title is pushing the idea that Umar and team stalled the negotiations because they are pushing for 3 rounds only , but I didn't see it in the cliffs or hear Cory say it, maybe I missed it.

I was just about to comment this.

No where did Cory say talks have stalled.

OP has some explaining to do.

Back