Sanders trailed Hillary by 41pts in May. Now within 7.

I feel this campaign will be won and lost on issues. Once people start to hear the exact positions that they both hold it will be pretty clear who the more progressive candidate is. Even if she is a better speaker she is not better on the issues. Even women are starting to poll really well with Bernie.

You innocent, beautiful, and naive young firecracker. You should know that politics are not decided on issues.

Bless you, you kind, exotic, matronly optimist.

I'd think it's kind of the opposite. When Clinton first became a politician, she took positions in order to convince people that she wasn't as radical as they thought and now she's reverting back to her more heartfelt positions.
Perhaps, ultimately when it comes down to credibility that's a toe-may-toe, tow-mah-toe distinction.

Cruz is one of the most skilled politicians in America today. I hate him more than anyone else (save maybe Louie Gohmert or Bruce Rauner), but it's undeniable.

He has essentially zero chance of getting his party's nomination, and he'd do even worse in a general. I don't see how he's an elite candidate or campaigner given those facts.

Perhaps, ultimately when it comes down to credibility that's a toe-may-toe, tow-mah-toe distinction.

Maybe. It's just really weird for me because I am old enough to remember when the knock was that she was a radical leftist.

You innocent, beautiful, and naive young firecracker. You should know that politics are not decided on issues.

Bless you, you kind, exotic, matronly optimist.

Ummm thanks lolol. You have got to say though part of the appeal of somebody like Bernie Sanders is because he's saying things that normal politicians can't or are just not willing to say. That's why he been able to get so much support so early on in the race.

They can all go to hell. It doesn't matter who is president of the USA, it'll always be the same criminals warmongering.

He has essentially zero chance of getting his party's nomination, and he'd do even worse in a general. I don't see how he's an elite candidate or campaigner given those facts.

He's young and he's not currently electable. I'm not saying he's an elite candidate or campaigner, but he's a very skilled and effective politician. If the Republican Party is inexplicably able to continue drifting towards the right, he's a potential superstar in the future.

She hasn't really started campaigning yet, while Bernie has been out there earning new supporters. Either she's hoping he gets burned out soon, or she's mistimed her entry into the 2015 field.

That said, I have no idea what her ground teams are up to in Iowa and New Hampshire.

I think the power of her name value is undeniable. Her campaign clearly isn't doing something right as every week there is a new post saying she is losing ground in key battleground states. It's almost disrespectful how much she's underestimating Bernie.

That's just media spin, no? OMG, Clinton's lead has fallen from impossibly large to just very big as the fight has begun! She's struggling! "Frontrunner continues to hold insurmountable lead" is not a headline that drives sales.

Sigh. Bernie is a populist who spews populist rhetoric and appeals to many people for many of his sensible policies. However, when reality sets in the debates begin people will see that Hillary can offer more.

Many sensible Bernie fans I meet are also fans of Biden, Elizabeth Warren and Clinton they just back Bernie because they feel that his optimism and unconventional approach is necessary/what it takes to reach the farthest number of voters.

Ummm thanks lolol. You have got to say though part of the appeal of somebody like Bernie Sanders is because he's saying things that normal politicians can't or are just not willing to say. That's why he been able to get so much support so early on in the race.

Yeah, I completely agree and I truly, passionately hope he's able to get the nod (even if it is more compromising in the general election-- I do agree with skeptics like JVS that it's absolutely paramount to prevent a Republican presidency from repealing the progress of the past 7 years), but I refuse to get my hopes up.

If nothing else, his success thus far is probably the most inspiring and optimistic thing I've seen in years in regard to my generation. The grassroots internet movement by millennials in support of Sanders is enthralling to me.

That's just media spin, no? OMG, Clinton's lead has fallen from impossibly large to just very big as the fight has begun! She's struggling! "Frontrunner continues to hold insurmountable lead" is not a headline that drives sales.

Insurmountable is not the word I would use. If anything the media has a lot to do with why she is still leading still because they give her FAR more coverage than she deserves and gives Sanders next to none.

a geriatric flip-flopping commie who probably won't even live 4 more years. He's 74. good grief. It's nappy time for him

Sigh. Bernie is a populist who spews populist rhetoric and appeals to many people for many of his sensible policies. However, when reality sets in the debates begin people will see that Hillary can offer more.

Many sensible Bernie fans I meet are also fans of Biden, Elizabeth Warren and Clinton they just back Bernie because they feel that his optimism and unconventional approach is necessary/what it takes to reach the farthest number of voters.

Are you implying that Clinton will come off better in the debates than Bernie? She can barely give a solid position as is. Watch her dance around questions of Medicare for all, 15 dollar minimum wage, Keystone XL, among other things. The fact that Bernie is doing so well in 4 months, without a single debate, should terrify Clinton supporters.

"Insurmountable" should no longer be an apt descriptor.

It isn't. Anyone who isn't a Bernie Sanders supporter echoes the same things they hear everyone else say just like a Mockingbird.

Are you implying that Clinton will come off better in the debates than Bernie? She can barely give a solid position as is. Watch her dance around questions of Medicare for all, 15 dollar minimum wage, Keystone XL, among other things. The fact that Bernie is doing so well in 4 months, without a single debate, should terrify Clinton supporters.

Dont forget the TPP

Yeah, I completely agree and I truly, passionately hope he's able to get the nod (even if it is more compromising in the general election-- I do agree with skeptics like JVS that it's absolutely paramount to prevent a Republican presidency from repealing the progress of the past 7 years), but I refuse to get my hopes up.

Electability is an issue for me but not the sole one. I just disagree with more of Sanders' policies than other candidates (though it's looking like the party as a whole is getting behind the national $15 MW, which I think is a really bad idea).

It isn't. Anyone who isn't a Bernie Sanders supporter echoes the same things they hear everyone else say just like a Mockingbird.

Oh, brother.

a geriatric flip-flopping commie who probably won't even live 4 more years. He's 74. good grief. It's nappy time for him
What's he flip-flopped on?

Says of the guy with nothing meaningful to add to the conversation.

If you can't find meaning in what I said to you, good luck in life. By the way I'm not hating on Sanders, I agree with a few of his platforms. The guy is just not willing to play ball.

I'm just letting you know the tooth fairy doesn't exist. Look, I'm not even saying he can't win the Dem nomination.

Yes. Clinton is way more intelligent and in some ways that harms her when she try's to give sensible/legit answers in open forms/speeches to masses. Bernie Sanders performs so well because

A) He is spewing populist rhetoric and doing something similar to trump. However, instead of playing to the white identity, anti-politically correct, anti-immigrant, and business elite card Bernie Sanders is playing to the white working class, white middle class, white academic leftists, college youths, and he is using the "rich" as the force of evil alongside the "evil" corporations.

B) He is new to the scene and different from many more sensible/moderate politicians.

C) He is honest and incorporates aspects that both the left and right both like.

Bernie is a great and kind man but he will not farewell in a setting in which the candidates do not have to shout/scream over thousands of shouting people. Clinton will show her true intellectual prowess come debate time.

Clinton has always supported an increase in minimum wage.

Clinton does not support Keystone XL pipeline and even if she did that should not be the major issue of what determines a President of the United States. The fact that radical leftists feel that a person is not "good enough" to be a Democratic presidential candidate just because they might support a pipeline is absurd. More absurd is the fact that there are "Democrats" who would reject a candidate who could win nationally all because set candidate 'might' support a pipeline.

Clinton has always supported Medicare along side much of everything else Sanders supports.

The only difference was in 2008 she had to lie (along with Obama) to ignorant folk in order to appeal to voters who were brainwashed by Murdoch's propaganda network. The reality however, is that while Obama told some lies and then was elected he at his core has always been a humanitarian and a moderate liberal and Clinton is much of the same, her work as First Lady proves that as does her work as a Secretary of State and A Senator. And that is not even including her rich history prior to the political limelight.

Electability is an issue for me but not the sole one. I just disagree with more of Sanders' policies than other candidates (though it's looking like the party as a whole is getting behind the national $15 MW, which I think is a really bad idea).

It will slowly move up to $15 an hour over the course of a few years. It won't just instantly be $15 if he's elected

Oh, brother.

I have heard people who aren't Bernie Sanders supporters say there is a chance he could be elected because he actually could be. They're not just dismissing his chances because they don't like his policies. I don't mind if people disagree or don't want him as the nominee, but it irritates me when people just spout talking points.

They can all go to hell. It doesn't matter who is president of the USA, it'll always be the same criminals warmongering.

I'm enjoying your gimmick. But remember, the secret to succesful trolling is knowing when to be subtle. Try to make it to 2016 without getting banned, ok?

If you can't find meaning in what I said to you, good luck in life. By the way I'm not hating on Sanders, I agree with a few of his platforms. The guy is just not willing to play ball.

I'm just letting you know the tooth fairy doesn't exist. Look, I'm not even saying he can't win the Dem nomination.

I can't find meaning in anything you said because you have said nothing of meaning!!! They reality is, all you have said is we are either laughable or scary. And for the love of God what does "play ball" even mean. He hasn't been "playing ball" thus far and he seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

Oh, brother.

From what I have read, the plan isn't to just spike it up to $15. They want to do slow increases over a couple of years.

Bernie is a great and kind man but he will not farewell in a setting in which the candidates do not have to shout/scream over thousands of shouting people. Clinton will show her true intellectual prowess come debate time.

no, Bernie shines brightest in the face of opposing arguments. Watch his debates against Tarrant and McGovern to see his debating prowess. He also tears it up when he's defending positions on Fox News and other hostile territories. Bern is a grizzled veteran who has been fighting the status quo for decades. Hillary will get wrecked, thats why DWS is protecting her by limiting debates.

and do yourself a favor and watch this to see how Bernie commands an opposition crowd:

He can open up a speech in an arena filled with diehard pro-lifers by declaring his pro-choice stance and STILL win the win crowd over by the end.

I'm very curious to see how they plan to get rid of Sanders and Trump, it doesn't seem like they can do anything else besides gain momentum.

Yes. Clinton is way more intelligent and in some ways that harms her when she try's to give sensible/legit answers in open forms/speeches to masses. Bernie Sanders performs so well because

A) He is spewing populist rhetoric and doing something similar to trump. However, instead of playing to the white identity, anti-politically correct, anti-immigrant, and business elite card Bernie Sanders is playing to the white working class, white middle class, white academic leftists, college youths, and he is using the "rich" as the force of evil alongside the "evil" corporations.

B) He is new to the scene and different from many more sensible/moderate politicians.

C) He is honest and incorporates aspects that both the left and right both like.

Clinton has always supported an increase in minimum wage.

Clinton does not support Keystone XL pipeline and even if she did that should not be the major issue of what determines a President of the United States. The fact that radical leftists feel that a person is not "good enough" to be a Democratic presidential candidate just because they might support a pipeline is absurd. More absurd is the fact that there are "Democrats" who would reject a candidate who could win nationally all because set candidate 'might' support a pipeline.

Clinton has always supported Medicare along side much of everything else Sanders supports.

The only difference was in 2008 she had to lie (along with Obama) to ignorant folk in order to appeal to voters who were brainwashed by Murdoch's propaganda network. The reality however, is that while Obama told some lies and then was elected he at his core has always been a humanitarian and a moderate liberal and Clinton is much of the same, her work as First Lady proves that as does her work as a Secretary of State and A Senator. And that is not even including her rich history prior to the political limelight.

So far as I know, Bernie is the only one spewing facts, and detailed information about the important topics that's being discusses as well as a clear concise opinion as to his stance on that subject.

All the other fuckers running just spew bullet points like " we need to get America back on top!"

Bernie also benefits the fact that he's always had these opinions and as such comes across as genuine.

And finally, Bernie clearly isn't getting any money from corporate shills, so you know that he's the only one least likely to be bought off. To me he comes across as a sincere old man that wants to leave this earth doing good.

I can't find meaning in anything you said because you have said nothing of meaning!!! They reality is, all you have said is we are either laughable or scary. And for the love of God what does "play ball" even mean. He hasn't been "playing ball" thus far and he seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

1. I stated that Sanders will never be elected president, sorry you don't know the meaning of those words.

2. Yes you are laughable.

3. I never said you were scary, never used the word "scary", nor a synonym of the word scary, nor made the slightest implication that anything about you is scary.

4. You don't know what the phrase "play ball" means, then you explicitly state Sanders hasn't been "playing ball".:icon_chee

no, Bernie shines brightest in the face of opposing arguments. Watch his debates against Tarrant and McGovern to see his debating prowess. He also tears it up when he's defending positions on Fox News and other hostile territories. Bern is a grizzled veteran who has been fighting the status quo for decades. Hillary will get wrecked, thats why DWS is protecting her by limiting debates.

and do yourself a favor and watch this to see how Bernie commands an opposition crowd:

He can open up a speech in an arena filled with diehard pro-lifers by declaring his pro-choice stance and STILL win the win crowd over by the end.

I was proud of Liberty for having him and being open minded when he spoke. Whereas the liberal Universities would cry and protest until their administrators caved and cancelled.

Worth noting that this is Iowa. Just as with NH, Clinton is expected to present the strongest challenge in the less-white states

That lead will also dwindle as both candidates get more exposer and their differences become more pronounced.

Last edited:
I was proud of Liberty for having him and being open minded when he spoke. Whereas the liberal Universities would cry and protest until their administrators caved and cancelled.

can you imagine the negative reception Hillary wouldve gotten? I think this speaks to the broad appeal of Sanders' populist message.

It's just hard to believe he can win the election (or Hillary) for the dems after 8 years of facepalm and someone like The Don winning hearts and minds.

do you know how the electoral college works? It will take a miracle for any Republican to win 2016. The only battle of relevance this election is the democratic primary.

Weird comment to make about a candidate that is the clear betting favorite in the race and probably the best-qualified candidate (doesn't mean the subjective favorite of anyone). I mean, what would you call someone like Cruz?

It's like saying that MM sucks. Maybe he doesn't meet your standards, but what about the rest of the division? Maybe you just don't like MMA.

It's not weird at all.

1. She does not have good qualifications to be president. She was a terrible secretary of state and has few accomplishments for a woman who has been in the political limelight as long as she has been.

2. Her campaign was doing well mainly because of a submissive media, who she literally ropes off at her campaign events. She doesn't answer questions and when she does they are softballs.

070615_hillaryrope_600.jpg

3. She has never won a campaign that was strongly contested. Her senate seat was a gimme, which is why she ran in New York. She isn't charismatic and politically she has a tin ear.

Yeah, I figured you'd duck that. Stay classy, Anung.

Duck what, exactly? Were you asking me a question? If so, I missed it. Ask it again and I will respond clearly.

I won't hold my breath because we both know that isn't the case.

Its pretty clear you either:
1. pretended to take offense at my post to skew perception of what I posted as racially insensitive further exposing what we all know (that you're a troll).

or

2. You actually were offended by it and if we apply those standards to your post then it's clear you're an anti-semite and a hypocrite.

Stay shitty, Jack.

Back