Sandbagger?

I was in the beginner 180-200 division. I have only been training 8 1/2 months. I won two matches by submission and lost the 3rd on points. I'm pretty sure 3 of the 4 guys that medaled have been training for a long long time, lol. I heard before I even did this tourney that sandbagging was rampant in it, but whatever. I still think I should have beaten the schmuck that beat me, I don't care how long he's been training. I felt superior and fell into his game. Live and learn....

Good Job on the Wins bro

LOL. Tell you what. I watched the beginner division, and there were some extremely talented grappler's in there. NO WAY they were beginner level, and NO WAY they could get that good in under a a year or year and a half. I have been grappling just about evetyday for a year and a half, am a blue that can regularly hang with purples and some browns, and I entered the intermediate division. I got UTTERLY OWNED by the guy that won the division. Not saying he was sandbagging, but honestly he seemed to way outclass the whole division.

It sucks but such is life I'm afraid.

I rolled with a green belt at Fight Zone Copacabana last year who's probably blue now on account of turnub 17.

He was legit high purple to low brown.
He's gonna be a devastating blue.

Donnie Liles won division 14 for intermediate and he fights in the IFL

Yeah dude, that's him - the guy I was talking about.

EDIT: Here's his resume:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=12249

So, this guy enters the intermediate division - supposed to be less than 3 years total grappling experience. Well, now I guess I will go ahead and call him a damn sandbagger. I do feel better about being so badly owned by him, though.

Such bullshit.

Sometimes guys, you really gotta be careful who you're calling a sandbagger though. Sometimes guys just progress at different speeds at different levels of their game, or get lucky with a few techniques in a tourney. After my first two matches in this tournament, guys were expecting me to win and I was hearing whispers of how long I've been training. I've only been at it for 8 1/2 months, only entered 1 other tournament and was in a 0-18 month experience class and guys were still wondering if I was sandbagging. That's BS.

So, this guy enters the intermediate division - supposed to be less than 3 years total grappling experience. Well, now I guess I will go ahead and call him a damn sandbagger. I do feel better about being so badly owned by him, though.

Such bullshit.

Wow, that's pretty fucked up. My favorites are the former college wrestlers that have been training BJJ for a year and enter the beginner divisions at these things. Always gives me a chuckle.

LOL. Tell you what. I watched the beginner division, and there were some extremely talented grappler's in there. NO WAY they were beginner level, and NO WAY they could get that good in under a a year or year and a half. I have been grappling just about evetyday for a year and a half, am a blue that can regularly hang with purples and some browns, and I entered the intermediate division. I got UTTERLY OWNED by the guy that won the division. Not saying he was sandbagging, but honestly he seemed to way outclass the whole division.

lol I competed in a beginner nogi and faced a college wrestler with bjj training...I just don't get the point in sandbagging and what do their instructors think of it?

Such bullshit.

LOL. He had his first sub win in MMA more than 3 years ago!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

WTF? Was that a lucky sub or what?

The divisions less than expert are just contests to see which instructor sandbags the best.

Thats why I compete in advanced. I hope most of the guys sandbag giving me a shot at winning a weakened advanced.:D

No, I do compete in advance but I do it more to gauge myself. And its nice going not worring if someone is sandbagging, because everyone is better than me in that division.:redface:

Back