Sandbag Injury!!!

vovcencio

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
my back is in pain with sandbag training! :icon_evil
Bad form?
Can I use a bodybuilding belt for these exercises?
Any advice? Thank you guys!!!

How do you do it?

Yes, sounds like a combination of bad form and not the right equipment.

How much were you trying to do? Did you stretch before hand? What stretches did you do?

AND YES, GET A BELT

sounds like too much weight to me.

not much weight,60-65 lb i think!!!
I do usually clean & press,throwing,side to side loading,overhead walk,shouldering!!!

Ah my bag is not full of sand but,with little old books of school,the instability effect seem to be the same!!!

Personally i don't like the idea of sandbag shouldering, i used to work in the building/constructoin industry and during an Occupational Health and Saftey seminar they told us that carrying weight on one shoulder put the lower back at risk of injury.

But remember to keep good posture when lifting anything.

Hmm belt you say? Dont that kind of take away from the main purpose of sandbag training...?

Reakt said:
Personally i don't like the idea of sandbag shouldering, i used to work in the building/constructoin industry and during an Occupational Health and Saftey seminar they told us that carrying weight on one shoulder put the lower back at risk of injury.

But remember to keep good posture when lifting anything.

That may well be and as you say its important to maintain good posture and stay tight. Like with any lifting if you slacken up and lose form that's when you are most likely to injure yourself.

If shouldering the bag then it probably help to alternate shoulders to prevent imbalances occuring or overwork one side.

Sandbag work is hard on your back and its all too easy for your ego to get ahead of your body and take on too much weight.

OSHA's a buncha fucking pussies that don't know their ass from their eyeball.

Back