Sanchez vs Pearson Scorecards (picture)

igDhDvq1V3aAd.gif

Remember the name Jeff Collins. He should never judge again.

Marco Rosales should be paid Diego's win bonus. He got the only correct score.

No more New Mexico cards. Sorry guys.

Bad crowd, bad refs, bad judges.

Sadly, I agree. Terrible crowd. I also think that the UFC should avoid cities that have high elevations. Having guys gas after 1 or 2 rounds isn't good for the fighters or the viewers.

30-27 Sanchez..

Wow

Disgraceful. He should appeal it and the judges should obviously not keep their jobs.

Watched the fight and scored it 30-27 Pearson. It was an easy fight to score as Sanchez was very ineffective, Peason landed more often and with sharper more powerful punches. Also a knockdown in the 2nd round that might have helped the judge understand who won the round. I know damage doesn't count, but its there as evidence to see who landed and who didn't. Sanchez was cut and bleeding and Pearson looked like gone for a swim and was a little bit wet still. Not a lick of damage. I actually was feeling sorry for Sanchez for doing so poorly in his hometown and I was shocked when the scorecards were announced. Collins at 30-27 Sanchez might have gotten Red and Blue mixed up because there is absolutely no way you can say Sanchez won all three rounds especially when you see how many punches and kicks he wiffed on. Octagon control and effective striking all were all clearly in Pearson's favor. There was no real wrestling or grappling to speak over. The only thing I gave to Sanchez was haircut. I hope there is an appeal and the two judges who screwed up are terminated. Dana White needs to get vocal too as incompetent judging is very bad for the sport (see boxing's demise for relevant historical data on this topic).

Just an unbelievably filthy robbery.

When the scores were read and Bruce didn't announce all three judges, i was thinking "Oh wow some of them gave Diego a round :icon_lol: that's funny!".

Then ahhhhhhhhhhhh yah.
:icon_neut :( :icon_lol:

Biggest robbery ever IMO, sucks really bad for Ross but i assume the UFC won't hold it against him, well i hope not anyway.
Bloody hell.

Only thing I can figure the judge on the left was color blind (for the blue/red) and got the names mixed up.

What probably happened was the crowd cheering everything diego threw created the illusion that his strikes were more significant than they actually were. This effect seems to be pretty common.

This further proves my theory that judges score based on who looks scarier.

Back