Sambo In San Diego

Never heard of either guy. Any info would be appreciated. Particularly competition results. I don't have either name in my database (which is not complete), so any new verifiable info would be cool.

Coach Dixon was the coach of the SDCC Wrestling Program. I was on that team, and our program was dropped due to Title IX. If you need his credentials you need look no further than the Sombo Hall of Fame because he is in it. Coach Dixon was a WORLD CLASS athlete.

Christopher E. Hall
Club Administrator / and Coach
Tri-Lakes Wrestling Club of Southwest Missouri

Last edited:
Greg Dixon was the wrestling coach at City College when they had a wrestling program, and he was a World silver medalist in Sambo. He's probably the guy you are refering to. I haven't seen him in years but he use to lift at World Gym in Pacific Beach.
I worked with Greg in 91 and 92 was going to be on the wrestling team when it got cancelled. they had 5 things at once I got into the sambo but this was before ufc and I left to spend more time with a girlfriend but he was a great coach and person and appreciate his time. we used to beat up on the seals they brought in for training shout out to Kevin Butler the seal I was paired with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back