Sambo In San Diego

Sock Puppet

So it goes.
Banned
Reaction score
i was wondering if there are any sambo gyms in san diego,preferably close to north island.

I don't believe there is. I think the closest one is in LA, but i'm not sure about that....

Dean Lister I beleives trains/teaches out of Cityboxing, he has a sambo background along with his reknowed skills in BJJ.

But if that doesnt pan out, try nolimitsmma.com in Irvine and hayastan also in Orange County.

dean lister trains out of the Throwdown Elite Training Center. he's probaly the closest to sambo in san diego. his school isn't to far from north island either. it's on midway dr. in point loma.

I think there's some guy in Pacific Beach that teaches Sambo.

well the best bet for sambo is to train with the wrestling coach from city college he has about 20 years sambo experience.

PM bloodfeud he is my training partener and he knows alot more about the sambo instrucrtors. he's also friends with the city college coach
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/members/bloodfeud/

funny thing is that city college has no wrestling team.

funny thing is that city college has no wrestling team.

I might have the J.C. wrong or the guy simply runs a club out of there either way pm bloodfeud and he'll inform you
or sign up at UNdisputed and we will take care of all your mma needs

I might have the J.C. wrong or the guy simply runs a club out of there either way pm bloodfeud and he'll inform you
or sign up at UNdisputed and we will take care of all your mma needs

or maybe you are thinking of a wrestling coach who happens to go to city college as a student

I'm interested in finding an instructor here in town as well. If someone finds something, post it here.

tony galindo is the best sambo teacher in san diego. i haven't talked to him in a little while though, i'll see where he's teaching right now and get back to you guys

Tony Galindo is the man, and teaches sambo. he knows what's up, he had a school in chula vista but he isn't teaching there anymore, i'll get back to you guys. btw he was the trainers at kens lions den when it was here

Tony is a EXCELLENT leglock instrucor but I don't think he teaches much Sambo. His emphais is more on MMA so he dosen't spend time with the Sambo gi training people for Sambo competition at all

sambo = the ultimate bjj guard destroyer

would love to learn that stuff...

Tony is a EXCELLENT leglock instrucor but I don't think he teaches much Sambo. His emphais is more on MMA so he dosen't spend time with the Sambo gi training people for Sambo competition at all

no he doesn't teach straight sambo, but he teaches great leg locks for mma. he does traing for grappling comps and such, but yeah there isnt'a big sambo market like there is bjj

why do people think that you can't even do twisting joint locks in sambo comp

yeah if you could post where he has been that would be nice. There have actaully been a couple conversations about what happen to Galindo. He kind of disappered and I normally saw him every couple months for years. Nice guywhen I competed down in Mex and saw him he always had good tips

why do people think that you can't even do twisting joint locks in sambo comp
you know mcdojos that make karate all ghey?

a lot of "sambo" comps are just judo comps with more subs allowed, that's why

Greg Dixon was the wrestling coach at City College when they had a wrestling program, and he was a World silver medalist in Sambo. He's probably the guy you are refering to. I haven't seen him in years but he use to lift at World Gym in Pacific Beach.

Greg Dixon was the wrestling coach at City College when they had a wrestling program, and he was a World silver medalist in Sambo. He's probably the guy you are refering to. I haven't seen him in years but he use to lift at World Gym in Pacific Beach.

The guy he's referring to? TWO FREAKING years ago?

Back