Salvador Sanchez Legacy?

In reference to the post above, I think Sanchez does bad things to Camacho.

Andy Ganigan, Mancini,Boza Edwards, Chacon, Limon, Jose Luis Ramirez, anddddd Olivarez.

Your turn.

LOL. Seriously you're going to say Ganigan, Edwards are elite? Although he was limited I will give you Mancini and already conceaded Olivares. Chacon, limon and Ramirez were all good fighters but not elite.

Your truth.

This thread is busted,and i can't seem to view the last page ! *shakes fist*

LOL. Seriously you're going to say Ganigan, Edwards are elite? Although he was limited I will give you Mancini and already conceaded Olivares. Chacon, limon and Ramirez were all good fighters but not elite.

Your truth.

Ganigan/Chacon are already in the Hall of Fame. World Champions and "Elite" they were. That's just the facts, Jack :icon_twis

Ganigan/Chacon are already in the Hall of Fame. World Champions and "Elite" they were. That's just the facts, Jack :icon_twis

I know they're in but thats one of the big problems with the IBHOF. They let lots of guys in who probably shouldnt be there. World champions, yes. Elite not in my book. All I know is I never saw Sal get dismantled like I saw Arguello and I never saw Arguello dismantle the caliber of opponents that Sal did, i.e Nelson and Gomez. Sanchez beats Alexis down and probably stops CHavez's unbeaten streak at about 50.

Both sides have pretty compelling arguments. I was worried when I started this thread that it wouldn't get much of a response. I'm glad to know I was wrong.

I know they're in but thats one of the big problems with the IBHOF. They let lots of guys in who probably shouldnt be there. World champions, yes. Elite not in my book. All I know is I never saw Sal get dismantled like I saw Arguello and I never saw Arguello dismantle the caliber of opponents that Sal did, i.e Nelson and Gomez. Sanchez beats Alexis down and probably stops CHavez's unbeaten streak at about 50.

El Flaco Explosivo lost a big step when he moved up to LW. He was a damn killer in the FW rankings.

Salvador was also much smaller than Alexis @ 5′ 7″ and a 66 inch reach compared to Alexis' 5′ 10″ and 72 inch reach.

Chavez absolutely destroys Sal. Just too strong and big.

AA got beat down yes......at the very end of his career (14lbs. over the featherweight limit) and by a great champion who was in his prime.....and he had over 80 fights......Sanchez, given time, would've found someone to push him to his limts.....He fought Nelson and LaPorte when they were on the way up a little short of their prime days.......He caught Little Red Lopez after the man had been in 35-40 real wars and was all used up.......Gomez ? He was in his prime.....but he was coming up in weight and it was a bad match up stylistically for him. On paper Sanchez had him in every category.......except ego.

Arguello had to move up 3 weight classes to find his match.....after winning world titles in every division he participated in except Jr. Welter......

Sanchez was good......and would've attained greatness (many put him there already).........but Alexis takes his lunch money and sends him home crying every time....

Here's a trivia question for all you boxing fans from the 80's.....

What was the real reason why Boza Edwards had to quit after the 8th round with AA ?

They didn't mention it on the tube.....but a few insiders had the scoop and passed it around..........:icon_cry2

Please be sure to post the answer. I'm curious to know.

Pat O'Grady would be very proud of you, GJ, for referring to Ganigan (who was a replacement against Pat's son, by the way) as a "world champion", but then again, Pat had someone by the name of Mike Glass, I think, working as an executive in the "organization", so maybe there's some correlation between your username and his last name.

You Pat's nephew or something?

Nah, probably not, because you too would have been classified as a "world champion" according to him.

Please be sure to post the answer. I'm curious to know.

You really don't want to know, Myers, because, while Hasbin may, some of us don't like to talk about the shitty side of the sport.

Well, if you could PM me with the answer, I'd appreciate it. I truly am curious, even if it's bad.

You really don't want to know, Myers, because, while Hasbin may, some of us don't like to talk about the shitty side of the sport.

LOL......I knew there was someone else out there who heard the story....

And that illustrates the power of AA's body punches......He literally knocked the shit out of people.

Boza had to go. When you gotta go, you go.

Not sure if anybody's seen this or not, but it's a highlight reel of Escalera-Arguello II, I believe.
It's set to "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine and the first thing I thought when I watched it was, "Holy Hell!" I literally got goosebumps when I watched this.
If the highlights are indicative of what the entire two-fight series was like, it had to be one of the top series in a long time. I'd love to see both fights in their entirety.

YouTube - Boxing"Epic" Wars I (Alexis Arguello v.s Alfredo Escalera

Their first fight was better. Especially with the circumstances surrounding fight night.

Anybody know of a way that I could see both fights in their entirety?

Back