saki vs jds

This isn't really fair, he only did this in v Cain 2 & 3.
I don't agree; he also showed it against Hunt when the Samoan went on the offensive, and was caught with left hooks from Hunt while circling out from the cage numerous times.

Beyond this, Hunt was giving JDS some trouble early on by tagging him with the left hook as he ducked in to work his body jabs, although JDS must be commended for adjusting nicely by feinting his duck in to draw Hunt's left hook before then flooring him with that overhand right through the opening created.

Otherwise, JDS simply has not fought any other opponent who is skilled enough to successfully pressure him, which Shane Carwin displayed by bull-rushing dos Santos only to be sat down by a counter left hook. Chasing him is a terrible idea, but he can easily be backed up by methodical strikers who will maintain their stance.

Interestingly enough though Cain actually got nearly ktfo by a left hook on the way in during the very first round of their third fight as well. Guy just cannot move his head at the right times.

JDS can't win against Tyson no matter what. How is he going to put Tyson against the cage and dirty boxing him? And even if he manages somehow, Tyson had enough time to execute him at some point in that fight. Tyson needs only a punch to knock JDS out. JDS'S problem is his defense. He has very good chin and he can take a hard shot well, but with Tyson it doesn't work. His chin doesn't matter in a fight against Tyson. With those small gloves and without TDs attempts, JDS can't even get in clinch with tyson without being ko'd, let alone to put him against the cage and dirty box.
If there was kickboxing gloves, JDS will have a chance to get in clinch with tyson, but he still can't win.

Sorry dude, I just don't agree with this. Tyson was a monster, without a doubt, but there is nothing stopping JDS from eating a Tyson punch and smothering him the moment they meet in the middle. All JDS has to do then is get underhooks and walk Tyson down. What is Tyson going to do?

Certainly, I think Tyson has a good shot at keeping his distance and knocking out JDS, but Tyson's MO was to walk forward, avoid any shots with his fantastic defense and begin cracking skulls the moment his opponent got into Tyson's range. He will have a second to work on that range before JDS (who does have awful footwork but that doesn't mean jack shit when we're just talking about moving forward) puts Tyson in a bear hug and starts working short hooks and knees on Tyson.
JDS has put himself in those situations in training thousands of times. Tyson, in his prime, never did that. He never fought where you could grab for an infinite amount of time, he never moved around on bare feet, he never had a guy who could put him on a wall he can't even lean back on.

I think Tyson could stick and move, eventually crack JDS' chin and put him down... but that wasn't Tyson's game. And Tyson never showed in the ring that he was good at switching things up at a moment's notice.

I don't agree; he also showed it against Hunt when the Samoan went on the offensive, and was caught with left hooks from Hunt while circling out from the cage numerous times.

Beyond this, Hunt was giving JDS some trouble early on by tagging him with the left hook as he ducked in to work his body jabs, although JDS must be commended for adjusting nicely by feinting his duck in to draw Hunt's left hook before then flooring him with that overhand right through the opening created.

Otherwise, JDS simply has not fought any other opponent who is skilled enough to successfully pressure him, which Shane Carwin displayed by bull-rushing dos Santos only to be sat down by a counter left hook. Chasing him is a terrible idea, but he can easily be backed up by methodical strikers who will maintain their stance.

Interestingly enough though Cain actually got nearly ktfo by a left hook on the way in during the very first round of their third fight as well. Guy just cannot move his head at the right times.

I don't remember Mark catching him when he was circling, I remember Mark parrying Dos Santos' jab with the rear hand a lot so that he close distance and get dat left hook in good.
Guess I gotta watch the fight again.

JDS IMO would beat him in a mma fight

Back