saki vs jds

cenksinan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
yes,here goes a white belt thread :icon_chee (even though im in to mma since 2004)

if these two comes across in a stand-up mma fight what would happen?

at hunt-jds i thought junior woud try to take hunt down in order to hunt's better striking back ground but jds stood there like a man and tko'd hunt.what if same thing happens vs saki?(assuming saki fightinhg around 230-240)

i dont know what to predict.saki is faster and technically better but if one of jds's hay-makers lands it would be good night irene as well (im turkish as well,just trying to be objective).

what do you guys say?

id take saki in a stand up fight. but agree jds has the ko power

Saki is better in kickboxing, but the striking in MMA is not the same. JDS would take it.

yes,here goes a white belt thread :icon_chee (even though im in to mma since 2004)

at hunt-jds i thought junior woud try to take hunt down in order to hunt's better striking back ground but jds stood there like a man and tko'd hunt.what if same thing happens vs saki?(assuming saki fightinhg around 230-240)

i dont know what to predict.saki is faster and technically better but if one of jds's hay-makers lands it would be good night irene as well (im turkish as well,just trying to be objective).

what do you guys say?

Not Turkish so I'm not biased, I think JDS would lose handily on the stand up. Hunt was 40 when he fought Santos, not even near his k1 prime days, and managed to do pretty good. Today's fighter like Saki would destroy JDS on the stand up. Saki's too fast, technical, powerful, and tough for JDS. Both have hell of chins on each other. But due to MMA gloves, elbows, and clinching, the fight could possibly go different. BUT, if it was in kickboxing rules then Saki would annihilate Dos Santos. Of course, in an MMA fight, all Santos has to do, is do the takedown.

In an MMA fight ,JDS takes it hands down!
In a kickboxing fight,Saki will dominate.

what i was thinking is a stand up fight with mma gloves with a plain stand-up fight.it would be a fight between chins (which both guys proved to have granite chins).if saki softened up jds with couple of left and right hooks(faast hooks btw) could finish him with a high kick to the head) or a right over hand by jds out of hell(again as a turkish guy i'd never like to see this) finish it.i know it will neer happen probably but still gives me the thingles.

One thing that people don't consider on hypothetical cases like these is MMA uninterrupted clinch game, specially when fighting on cages. Also the ability to grab a leg without any restrictions or the availability of takedowns and judo trips. Not even full rules muay thai has all of these dynamics, that an experienced/smart MMA fighter can use to take on a world class striker while keeping the fight on the feet.

Saki doesn't even fight at HW anymore and would still make JDS dive for takedowns.

You must have missed the latter half of his second round with Hunto. ;)

what do you guys say?

A stupid thread. Really.

JDS isn't going to land anything on saki. IF they fight 100 times, saki won 99 fights and JDS won 1 by "TKO INJURY". This isn't worth to make a fuckin thread about it. I don't want to argue and explain why and how saki will win 99% of time. It's evident why and how.

The thing is that even in MMA (THREAT OF TD'S) A 40 YEARS OLD Mark Hunt was starting to dominate JDS in round 2. JDS saw that he ws losing and took Hunt down. Hunt also broke his toe in round 1.

Put JDS against Hunt in a kickboxing fight. Hunt will beat him easily even at this point.

Last edited:
I remember JDS shooting for a takedown on Hunt once or twice. Just the THREAT of a takedown changes the dynamics of a fight. It's kind of unfair to label Hunt v JDS a standup fight.

If it's a kickboxing fight, Saki wins. He's way better than Hunt is now.

Saki is a LHW.

In a MMA match there's not only the threat of a takedown, but even the wide cage MMA uses and the small gloves that make defense more hard make MMA striking a totally different sport if compared to kickboxing.

A valid example is the UK-1 that UCMMA implemented, so Muay Thai in the cage with MMA gloves:

[YT]2m1j7gAE5Ic[/YT]

I think in a UK-1 contest JDS takes on Saki just because has a footwork adapted to the Cage and as an MMA fighter he moves out instead of trying to block blows.
I think in this sport Paul Daley and Michael Page are the GOATs for their skills.

In a Glory rules match Saki would dominate, JDS as Machida or many other MMA fighters are lost one time they're in a small ring.

Saki is faster and has KO'd much bigger men before.

I have Saki, 2nd round KO.

Saki is a LHW.

In a MMA match there's not only the threat of a takedown, but even the wide cage MMA uses and the small gloves that make defense more hard make MMA striking a totally different sport if compared to kickboxing.

A valid example is the UK-1 that UCMMA implemented, so Muay Thai in the cage with MMA gloves:

[YT]2m1j7gAE5Ic[/YT]

I think in a UK-1 contest JDS takes on Saki just because has a footwork adapted to the Cage and as an MMA fighter he moves out instead of trying to block blows.
I think in this sport Paul Daley and Michael Page are the GOATs for their skills.

In a Glory rules match Saki would dominate, JDS as Machida or many other MMA fighters are lost one time they're in a small ring.

Go away. JDS doesn't stand a chance in any combat sport that has striking. For example, put prime tyson against JDS in a mma stand up fight, but without ground game, and Tyson will knock him out even faster and even harder than in a boxing bout. This will be like first punch ko. If there was a boxing fight, Jds would be able to put his gloves to cover his head and to last little bit more(MAYBE 2 MINUTES MORE). The difference is that a fighter like Saki and most of good kickboxers trained all their life only their striking with the best stand up fighters and stand up coaches in the best gyms . They also start at 7-10 years old directly as a kickboxer. JDS and most of MMA fighters start fighting and training way later and most of them in different martial arts. JDS in Bjj, but most of them in wrestling. Also a lot of them started in sambo, judo, catch wrestling...etc. This is why bob sapp even in his prime was a terrible striker in mma though he was better in kickboxing. In kickboxing he put his gloves to cover his head when he was in trouble and then fight back. Actually, kickboxing gloves seems to fit better for bad fighters than mma gloves. In this case JDS is the bad fighter, Saki being the better fighter, way ahead of him as speed, talent, experience, defence and technique.

So, actually JDS will be more favored in a kickboxing fight with 16 oz gloves than in a cage fight with mma gloves. However he will lose badly both fights.

JDS's "footwork" consists of backing up directly in a straight line until his back hits the fence. Beyond that, he mostly defends punches with his chin.

Go away. JDS doesn't stand a chance in any combat sport that has striking. For example, put prime tyson against JDS in a mma stand up fight, but without ground game, and Tyson will knock him out even faster and even harder than in a boxing bout. This will be like first punch ko. If there was a boxing fight, Jds would be able to put his gloves to cover his head and to last little bit more(MAYBE 2 MINUTES MORE). The difference is that a fighter like Saki and most of good kickboxers trained all their life only their striking with the best stand up fighters and stand up coaches in the best gyms . They also start at 7-10 years old directly as a kickboxer. JDS and most of MMA fighters start fighting and training way later and most of them in different martial arts. JDS in Bjj, but most of them in wrestling. Also a lot of them started in sambo, judo, catch wrestling...etc. This is why bob sapp even in his prime was a terrible striker in mma though he was better in kickboxing. In kickboxing he put his gloves to cover his head when he was in trouble and then fight back. Actually, kickboxing gloves seems to fit better for bad fighters than mma gloves. In this case JDS is the bad fighter, Saki being the better fighter, way ahead of him as speed, talent, experience, defence and technique.

So, actually JDS will be more favored in a kickboxing fight with 16 oz gloves than in a cage fight with mma gloves. However he will lose badly both fights.

The Tyson part I kind of disagree with... JDS could grab Tyson, push him against the cage and just swarm him, dirty boxing the shit out of him. I'm not saying that JDS would definitely win, but he has a good shot. In boxing, if you grab, you get a warning, if you clinch up, you are separated. In a "standup MMA" fight, JDS could do all that and more. Tyson fought at an incredibly weird range, he wasn't a great infighter like Foreman, he needed a slither of space to operate. Not sure he could win being clinch boxed.

JDS's "footwork" consists of backing up directly in a straight line until his back hits the fence. Beyond that, he mostly defends punches with his chin.

This isn't really fair, he only did this in v Cain 2 & 3.

Last edited:
JDS can't win against Tyson no matter what. How is he going to put Tyson against the cage and dirty boxing him? And even if he manages somehow, Tyson had enough time to execute him at some point in that fight. Tyson needs only a punch to knock JDS out. JDS'S problem is his defense. He has very good chin and he can take a hard shot well, but with Tyson it doesn't work. His chin doesn't matter in a fight against Tyson. With those small gloves and without TDs attempts, JDS can't even get in clinch with tyson without being ko'd, let alone to put him against the cage and dirty box.

If there was kickboxing gloves, JDS will have a chance to get in clinch with tyson, but he still can't win.

Back