Sage Northcutt vs. Anthony Pettis

Status
Not open for further replies.
pettis via 1080 tornado kick

Good, easy rebound win for Pettis.

Can anyone explain why the HUGE hype train behind this guy?? I mean, 6-0 beat a guy with a padded record or something because he was not even ranked in the UFC (someone for the Mexico cards it seems), it was kind of expected by just looking at them.

So it's open season for trolling as long as it's pro-Sage Northcutt? Interesting.

Not sure what to make of all the hype.

OK, I get that everybody is hyping this guy up, but for somebody to say he would beat Pettis at all is retarded. If we're going to hype somebody up, let's at least be serious about it. Sage is clearly very good, but even typing his name next to Pettis is stupid.

Pettis would fucking murder him. His championship experience alone would be too much. Sage may look great right now, but who is he fighting? Pettis has fought and beaten some of the very best and made it look easy. Sage's best win is Trevino - was funny is because it was basically the most athletic guy vs. the most unathletic guy, lol.

Pettis would beat Sage everywhere right now. Sage obviously is talented, he's no joke (his movement was especially awesome, I liked how he switched stances so smoothly) but the guy has already been KTFO before by a no name - his best win is basically a no name, too.

Sage is looking outstanding right now because he hasn't really fought anybody great yet. Just wait until he has to fight a real legit opponent, then we can talk about him vs. the wolves like Pettis.

There's literally no point in talking about this. If we're going to truly judge this, the only fair judgement is that Pettis destroys him. His experience at the top, the championship level alone would be too much for Sage. Pettis has seen and done it all, Sage is still brand new. Give it time before we talk about a newcomer vs. the true elite. So far, Pettis kills this kid rather easily.

Please, stop with the bullshit. I'm interested in seeing how well Sage does, too, and I see he has some serious skill and is only 19 years old, but let's be realistic and stop making him look like a joke with all the fake hype because it's really not funny and never was. It wasn't funny with McGregor and it's not funny with Sage. This kind of thing really shows how stupid the majority of MMA fans are that they can't even take the sport and the fighters seriously anymore.

you have good points, but man you gotta trim these posts up. Sometimes less is more my friend.

Opposite Day on sherdog huh? Pettis eats Sage.... Because, you know, legit former LW champ vs prelims new comer...

you have good points, but man you gotta trim these posts up. Sometimes less is more my friend.

I feel the need to always explain everything in detail. Sometimes I get carried away, but it's whatever.

This is the kind of thing that makes me miss the days of Donny.

sage via superior girlfriend

If Sage did win he would deserve a title shot.

This would fall under a hypothetical match-up and the mods should shit can this thread. No, Sage wouldn't beat Pettis, at least not right now (maybe never). All of the athleticism in the world won't matter because Pettis is far more skilled than Sage is at this point. Pettis is also a legitimate 2 major organization champion (UFC & WEC), a fine athlete himself and has fought the best in the world for a long time.

This thread is far too premature to even exist right now. If/when Sage is a top 10 or even Top 5 guy at Lightweight or Welterweight, then we can talk. Until then, just no. Barring a big punch or kick from Sage if they were to be matched up right now, Pettis takes this fight 9/10 times.

I don't know what's more funny, the people making these threads, or the people who get trolled by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back