Sage Northcutt signed to the UFC

First of all, bicep veins don't lie. Second of all, waiting for his sister to make it... surprised she's not there already.

Colbey-Northcutt.jpg

His last four opponents are 7-12 in their Combined Prev6 bouts. Two were 1-5 coming in. All were coming off losses. Let's see if they put him up against anyone of quality.

He looks like an 80's movie high school bad guy. I like him already.

I hope he comes in all arrogant to piss off the 'hardcores' and wins and talks trash after. We need more personality in the UFC.

MMA finally has a real celebrity.

He looks like an 80's movie high school bad guy. I like him already.

I hope he comes in all arrogant to piss off the 'hardcores' and wins and talks trash after. We need more personality in the UFC.
I predict we will see a lot of Sage haters on Sherdog simply because he bears a resemblance to the preppy kid who bullied them in high school.

MMA finally has a real celebrity.

I predict we will see a lot of Sage haters on Sherdog simply because he bears a resemblance to the preppy kid who bullied them in high school.

people are def gonna hate him for no reason... as it is Sherdog. But There's no reason to hate on the young fella. He wanted to do acting as a kid, got a couple breaks, but MMA worked out to be a better opportunity for him (as of right now). He comes from a karate background and his sister is established in the karate community as well.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/k...-their-way-to-top-in-martial-arts-1536254.php
920x920.jpg

people are def gonna hate him for no reason... as it is Sherdog. But There's no reason to hate on the young fella. He wanted to do acting as a kid, got a couple breaks, but MMA worked out to be a better opportunity for him (as of right now). He comes from a karate background and his sister is established in the karate community as well.
I know. He comes across as a respectful kid in everything I've seen, but it won't be long before he is labeled as "fake" and "cocky" by the vultures on Sherdog.

Oh wait nevermind, he's white.

I know. He comes across as a respectful kid in everything I've seen, but it won't be long before he is labeled as "fake" and "cocky" by the vultures on Sherdog.

Oh wait nevermind, he's white.

I don't think his pre-UFC opponent quality will do him any favors either. But whatever, I only have a problem with it from a "I want people who truly earn it to be in the UFC". But the young fella has at least some form of dues. He was handled well on the management end, and now he's getting a shot. I can hardly dislike the kid for it.

I don't think his pre-UFC opponent quality will do him any favors either. But whatever, I only have a problem with it from a "I want people who truly earn it to be in the UFC". But the young fella has at least some form of dues. He was handled well on the management end, and now he's getting a shot. I can hardly dislike the kid for it.
You seem to know more about his management than I do, but I imagine it was a preemptive move by the UFC. They don't want Bellator to exploit his star potential.

You seem to know more about his management than I do, but I imagine it was a preemptive move by the UFC. They don't want Bellator to exploit his star potential.

I only know as much as doing matchmaking afforded me. They were very managed. And I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. They're young and they have people who are looking out for their interests. I just know they definitely aren't like 85% of ammys I see who have no one other than a coach and/or parent.

I only know as much as doing matchmaking afforded me. They were very managed. And I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. They're young and they have people who are looking out for their interests. I just know they definitely aren't like 85% of ammys I see who have no one other than a coach and/or parent.
His record looks like a murderer's row compared to the XFS.

I watched his fight. He looks good but kinda unsure still

His record looks like a murderer's row compared to the XFS.

Lol, no doubt about that. ANd he's young enough that it makes some sense. Given I bet on fights and give advise to people much richer than myself, I always take note of this kinda stuff. His opponents Prev-6 record is 7-12. Two guys are 1-5 apiece, and all of the opponents were coming off losses. That's poaching IMO. But it's not the worst I've ever seen. And as long as I handle my due diligence, it's no real worry of mine.

Just because you get such fights doesn't mean you're going to win. We saw that happen with Kyra Batara and Marina Schaffir.

Not buying the hype, doesn't seem to stand out much for me, looks uncomfortable and spazzy in the cage.

Who would be a good first fight for him ?

i wouldnt mind seeing him fight ben saunders, although that would be a huge step up for him. then again, just about every ufc welterweight would be.

Back