Sage Northcutt has Almost as Many Fights as Cain Velasquez

This is the only way in which the two can be in the same sentence

Sage...

I forgot that guy existed.

One fought at a higher level and won World titles whilst sage is an OK fighter being well protected.

The fact that cain has suffered so many injuries doesn't automatically put him on a similar level to a lesser fighter fighting poor opponents just because they've had a similar amount of fights.

no, the point is how some people keep talking about Cain like he's got this long storied career and destroyed a who's who of the HW division.

the reality is, he has as much fights as a 4 year pro, even though he's been a pro for 12 years.

his entire claim to fame is the fact that JDS in his prime was an absolute monster and he slayed that monster 2 out of 3 times.

how long can you live on 2 wins though?

Poor Cain is just a victim. They really wanted him to be the world champ. He has been somewhat protected his whole career, only matched up vs guys the UFC knew he could beat. As soon as he was to fight someone else, he pulled out with injury. Since october 2010, when he won the HW championship, he has beaten 3 guys, and lost two fights. That is 3 guys in 8 years... Pretty strange numbers for a guy that the UFC still promotes as relevant.

I doubt Sage will ever be champ, but I am not surprised if they match him up with a pro wrestler for the belt sometime in the near future.

Cain got injured reading this thread. Will be on the shelf for the next 2 years due to eye strain

Cain was fighting beasts and 5 round fights

Man - let that shit sink in and not at sea-level...

I believe Sage (in his prime) defeats Cain, at any weight.
170 Sage beats 240 Cain....8/10 times

Sage has been a pro 4 years has 13 fights

Cain has been a pro 12 years has 16 fights

{<doc}

Huh...

Well... In some fairness to Cain.. and this might be a complete crock. But i feel on the regional circuit it might not be.. But supposedly after a couple fights in regional shows, they had a very hard time getting him fights.. that’s why he jumped right into ufc after like 3-4 fights..

So.. maybe he’d have another 2-5 fights outside of ufc..

But yah agree, it’s a bummer he hasn’t been able to fight more in his prime.. i remember being blown away at how he went through prime big foot and prime jds like a buzz saw... even his fight at ufc 200 against Brown.. Brown was still a very solid HW at the time and Cain was clowning him... and I thought looked great doing so..

But yah.. it sucks.

We all got robbed of what could've been with regards to Cain. He just couldn't stay healthy enough to be the HW GOAT. He was so dominating when he actually fought every 3 years or so.

So fucking what. Cain has two world titles you faithless slime. AKA all the way.
umad.gif

Shows how overrated Cain "Heavyweight GOAT" Velasquez was.

On the contrary I think it shows how great he is that he's had the success he has with that amount of fights

I like how everyone ignores Cains win over Lesnar who was #1 in the world after Fedor lost.

because Sage is GOAT, and Cain is a has-never-been...

Back