Saddest Moments in Boxing in Pics

50345297.jpg

Prime De La Hoya vs prime Chavez, you got Chavez?:icon_neut

Without a doubt..

there's a reason that DLH chose to hop over Tszyu.. determined fighters that know how to cut the ring off were rough on him.. John John Molina and Miguel Angel Gonzolez both gave DLH probs, and neither is as good as prime Chavez was.

even an old CHavez gave him all he could handle in their rematch. a prime Chavez would have taken him to deep water and drowned him.

Mancini vs. Duk Koo Kim

Kim died after the fight. The ref killed himself shortly after.. and kim's mother killed herself..very sad

there's a really good movie based on his life called Champion:

Thanks blitz..gonna check that out

Without a doubt..

there's a reason that DLH chose to hop over Tszyu.. determined fighters that know how to cut the ring off were rough on him.. John John Molina and Miguel Angel Gonzolez both gave DLH probs, and neither is as good as prime Chavez was.

even an old CHavez gave him all he could handle in their rematch. a prime Chavez would have taken him to deep water and drowned him.

I don't know about this Cracky. It hard for me to tell when Chavez was in his prime. Was it the Taylor fight after he already had 70 fights and was a little shop worn or before that when he was younger but fighting taxi cab drivers who weren't that good of fighters. Oscar I would say was in his prime right before the the trinidad fight and up til the sec Sugar fight.

I think the reason Chavez did better in the sec fight was cause Oscar was already catching hell for beating up chavez the way he did in the first, So i think he took it a little easier on him.

De La Hoya vs. Chavez fights were really boxing economics at its best.

The Chavez that put a clinic on Edwin Rosario was probably the best version. De La Hoya would always be a tough fight for Chavez given his big advantage in terms of frame as Oscar has the frame of a welterweight, Chavez a lightwight.

But the prime Chavez who would never get cut, never get hurt would probably get to Oscar enough to catch up on the scorecards and win a fight by close decision or late kayo.

De La Hoya vs. Chavez fights were really boxing economics at its best.

The Chavez that put a clinic on Edwin Rosario was probably the best version. De La Hoya would always be a tough fight for Chavez given his big advantage in terms of frame as Oscar has the frame of a welterweight, Chavez a lightwight.

But the prime Chavez who would never get cut, never get hurt would probably get to Oscar enough to catch up on the scorecards and win a fight by close decision or late kayo.

agreed.

well according to Evander, if he wins his upcoming fight he believes he deserves a fight against Vitali. If for some insane reason that happens, that will officially be the saddest day in boxing history.

well according to Evander, if he wins his upcoming fight he believes he deserves a fight against Vitali. If for some insane reason that happens, that will officially be the saddest day in boxing history.

I'm through being sad about Evander.. He's like a drug addict that can't kick.. and everyone around him is trying to lead him to do right, but he keeps digging himself in deeper..only a sever ass whippin is going to save that man.

I'm through being sad about Evander.. He's like a drug addict that can't kick.. and everyone around him is trying to lead him to do right, but he keeps digging himself in deeper..only a sever ass whippin is going to save that man.
The Toney fight wasn't severe enough? I don't think he'll stop until he can't get a license.

Back