Sad day in TV history

Are we talking motivated Jesus speed here? Because thats a whole different ballgame

Well it seems as though God has that look in his eye.

hourglass_nebula_1024x768.jpg

Are you a moron? Why do you think you know exactly what people mean when they say something? Just because YOU think he meant "godspeed" doesn't mean that is what he meant. If you go around correcting people, without being sure of what they actually meant, the only person looking like a fuck up is you, on top of looking like a douche bag know it all.

God Speed - The speed at which God moves.
To wish someone "God Speed" - Meaning either a quick journey to meet God, or a journey at the quickest speed possible on their journey.

You can thank me later for educating your dumb ass.
Damn it pisses me off when people think they know shit and they just end up looking like idiots.

But you're correcting me on something that isn't correct. God Speed is and will never ever be used. Maybe "God, speed us/him..." but he used it as Godspeed. What context was there? None. So i do know what he meant. Also, i wasn't being a "know it all", nor condescending just proper and well-informed. I mean take it as you will but you can't tell me I'm wrong. I'm going off the fact that god speed isn't correct. Sorry for calling you ignorant, because i didn't even have to, did I?

"God Speed - The speed at which God moves."

Nice one.

damn,i remember the one where he took a trip to the yoyo museum and the in n out hq
rip

God Speed is and will never ever be used.

You are either trolling, or just really dumb. He just used god speed, and I also have used it several times in this very thread. God speed is what we mean.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=god speed

Educate yourself before you talk trash man. There is nothing worse than someone trying to correct others, when they don't know what they are talking about. God speed with your education. (That means hope you can get it done as fast as God would be able to.)

You are either trolling, or just really dumb. He just used god speed, and I also have used it several times in this very thread. God speed is what we mean.

Educate yourself before you talk trash man. There is nothing worse than someone trying to correct others, when they don't know what they are talking about. God speed with your education. (That means hope you can get it done as fast as God would be able to.)
You don't need to go the Urban dictionary. It's an actual word:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/godspeed

It's just an Elizabethan term that means, "Good luck and safe travel on your journey."
i don't know who this man is.
He did a show for PBS traveling around California visiting quirky tourist attractions and other hidden treasures of the state that don't get much press in traditional vacation brochures.

yeah, motivated Jesus speed.

I thought I saw somewhere that Godspeed was a variation of God be with you.

He sounds important. R.I.P and Anglespeed.

You don't need to go the Urban dictionary. It's an actual word:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/godspeed

It's just an Elizabethan term that means, "Good luck and safe travel on your journey."

He did a show for PBS traveling around California visiting quirky tourist attractions and other hidden treasures of the state that don't get much press in traditional vacation brochures.

The controversy is that I guess I separated god and speed. God speed. One guy said I was incorrect, I couldn't have given less of a fuck, but some other guy took my back and took up the case for God speed being legit. I have no idea, and don't really care, it was an internet post I gave 4 seconds of thought to before posting. Everybody knew what the intention behind the comment was - I was wishing the man well upon his death. When I write my next Pulitzer worthy expose' and want to use the term, I'll figure out the right way to do it.

RIP tv man that i've never heard of.

I hope tv survives this tragedy.

Never heard of him.

Your education comes from urbandictionary? Then keep saying it! For real what the fuck are you arguing about? Pissed that i corrected someone? You absolutely CANNOT say I am wrong, maybe just pompous, and that is your opinion of who i am. I dont care about that. But don't fucking insult my intelligence and post fucking urbandictionary links to me to appreciate your usage.

He will be missed, It seems his legacy is truly a part of...California's Gold.

Your education comes from urbandictionary? Then keep saying it! For real what the fuck are you arguing about? Pissed that i corrected someone? You absolutely CANNOT say I am wrong, maybe just pompous, and that is your opinion of who i am. I dont care about that. But don't fucking insult my intelligence and post fucking urbandictionary links to me to appreciate your usage.

It is sad that you don't even understand how language actually works. Urbandictionary is created to help expose people to the definition of words they might not commonly come across in their daily life and academic studies. It contains many real words and phrases that people use on a regular basis.

Do you think 10 years ago "LOL" would have been in any respected dictionaries? Of course it wouldn't be, and douchebags like you were running around telling people "LOL" isn't a real word/phrase. But we told you then, just like we are telling you now, you are a moron and don't know what the hell you are talking about.

That urbandictionary definition was added over 7 years ago. This isn't a phrase I just pulled out of my ass. We can see at least 14 other people have agreed with that definition of the phrase. However obscure the phrase may be to you, doesn't make it an incorrect way to use it. Language is ever evolving, it isn't some bull crap stable thing. It is so infuriating to see uneducated people who don't understand that fact.

I hate things like this because it isn't even a genuine argument. You are simply so wrong, it isn't even funny.

It is sad that you don't even understand how language actually works. Urbandictionary is created to help expose people to the definition of words they might not commonly come across in their daily life and academic studies. It contains many real words and phrases that people use on a regular basis.

Do you think 10 years ago "LOL" would have been in any respected dictionaries? Of course it wouldn't be, and douchebags like you were running around telling people "LOL" isn't a real word/phrase. But we told you then, just like we are telling you now, you are a moron and don't know what the hell you are talking about.

That urbandictionary definition was added over 7 years ago. This isn't a phrase I just pulled out of my ass. We can see at least 14 other people have agreed with that definition of the phrase. However obscure the phrase may be to you, doesn't make it an incorrect way to use it. Language is ever evolving, it isn't some bull crap stable thing. It is so infuriating to see uneducated people who don't understand that fact.

I hate things like this because it isn't even a genuine argument. You are simply so wrong, it isn't even funny.

You're disputing something absolute. Like Godspeed. God's speed would be appropriate, but not God Speed. It is what it is. Also, Im not fucking talking about LOL.

By the way, God doesn't have a speed he is omnipresent.

You're disputing something absolute. Like Godspeed. God's speed would be appropriate, but not God Speed. It is what it is. Also, Im not fucking talking about LOL.

You're right about the compound nature of the word, but isn't it a little silly to be freaking out about a space on an internet forum? Especially when you don't properly punctuate sentences? If he wants to continue to write it incorrectly, then let him. It's not like it's confusing.

You are really an idiot, and I am not gonna keep wasting my time here forever.

"God speed" is a saying which we use. If you don't like it, that is fine, but to say "that isn't a real saying" has already been proven false. There is evidence that this saying was in use 7 years ago, before you were even born most likely, and you are still trying to dispute it. Someone who disputes facts that have clearly been proven, is stupid.

Loser.

You're right about the compound nature of the word, but isn't it a little silly to be freaking out about a space on an internet forum? Especially when you don't properly punctuate sentences? If he wants to continue to write it incorrectly, then let him. It's not like it's confusing.

Who's freaking out? Why would i care so much about punctuation on this "silly internet forum"? Im on my phone too so fuck all that proper shit. I never said the dude can't say anything, its the other poster who hopped on my dick about correcting someone acting like there was nothing to correct. I feel you though. I just didn't like the dude arguing over something absolute is all. I immediately said i wasn't trying to be a dick, its just my nature. Dude then hopped all over my stiff dick saying some more bullshit with that dumbass urbandictionary link.

Back