RZA vs DJ Premier: Who is the greater producer?

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Some of my favorite tracks for each

Premo:

RZA:

Who is better/who do you prefer?

Post your favorite tracks from each.

And honestly I can't decide who is greater. RZA maybe...

i loved the stuff rza did for afro samurai.

its very hard to look past dj premier's long list of classic records and singles

also this

Premier is on another level. No disrespect to RZA, great producer.

Then again...Premier...

Ok, ok. I give it to Premier due to "Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers" being one of my favorite tracks ever, in addition to his other stuff. RZA is still that shit though. Both classics.

Ok, ok. I give it to Premier due to "Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers" being one of my favorite tracks ever, in addition to his other stuff. RZA is still that shit though. Both classics.

Great classic song. Love Chubbs verse.

Its very hard to look past Rza's long list of classic records and singles.

also this

:cool:

Lol aren't you the guy that disputed the Beastie Boys greatness in Hip Hop history because you don't consider them "Hip hop" and got bashed for it.

Ok, ok. I give it to Premier due to "Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers" being one of my favorite tracks ever, in addition to his other stuff.

What about Only Built 4 Cuban Linx?
Liquid Swords
Ironman
etc?

Its very hard to look past Rza's long list of classic records and singles.

also this

:cool:

Goddamn the purple tape goes so fucking hard.

7 years old with my walkman in school listening to it nonstop. My mom was a DJ and that was like the highlight of my days when she would bring tapes and CDs home for my brother so I could steal them. Between Raekwon and the Goodie Mob, that's how I got hooked on rap.

Lol aren't you the guy that disputed the Beastie Boys greatness in Hip Hop history because you don't consider them "Hip hop" and got bashed for it.

Hell no man!! What kind of idiot would make a statement like that??

Goddamn the purple tape goes so fucking hard.

7 years old with my walkman in school listening to it nonstop. My mom was a DJ and that was like the highlight of my days when she would bring tapes and CDs home for my brother so I could steal them. Between Raekwon and the Goodie Mob, that's how I got hooked on rap.

I know what you mean. I pick Rza cuz of those early wu albums. And it just seems like he is doing more complex stuff with his beats than Premo. But I could be wrong.

An hour from now, I prob would go with Premo.

These were classic albums from Premo no question:

Im thinking premo takes it lol

Dj Premier makes classic singles.
Rza makes classic albums.
Both are legends.

Those 3 sec loops. We all known the Nas, AZ, Big L, Gangstarr, Jay Z tracks but he's work all around is the shit.

Just skip :45 and listen Method's part. Beat was ridiculous

Back