RZA vs DJ Premier: Who is the greater producer?

Rza doesnt have the talent of Premiers Foot.

So much ignorance with his statement.

Rza produces, writes, acts, directs, he can do it all.

Premo produces and DJ's.

Both are amazing musicians who deserve tremendous respect, now hows about you show Rza some son.

Now THIS is a fuckin thread! Props TS!

Premier for me, though it's partly because I'm the biggest Gangstarr fan on sherdog. But mostly because he really is the GOAT.

Again, awesome thread. I did a double-take when I first saw it. Fuck yeah TS

RZA shaved the track, ninjas caught razor bumps.

Premo overall has made better songs so I will go with him.

The thing about Premo that bothers me is he has never really evolved and just sticks to sampling old jazz/r&b tracks. The Rza samples, but he also makes original tracks as well as doing what he can to constantly evolve his style. For that I give Rza the extra respect.

Premo.

His tracks were a huge part of my teens. Back when I was painting trains and trucks and whatnot, son.

Bumping this thread for more participation.

Nowadays rza sucks at making hip hop music. 1993-1997 rza = goat.

Would have to say premier.

See preme doesn't change the beat at all during the hook. It's the same beat throughout the entire song. The only thing different is he scratches during the hook. It gets kind of repetitive.

I don't know man. Premier has a basic template that he follows. It is dope no doubt. But RZA is more creative and artistic.

That template that never fails.

You could argue Rza has better range, but sometimes he has me scratching my head.

BTW big fan of both.

Maaaaannnn. What a sick thread.

Both of them are partially responsible for me liking hip hop. I really like RZA's style, but Premier just has soooooo many songs that are classics. I don't want to pick against either... but if I had to I would give a slight edge to Premier.

What about Only Built 4 Cuban Linx?
Liquid Swords
Ironman
etc?

RZA takes it for this one alone, it's my favorite production on a track, absolutely sinister. Both are masters though.

Premier, and I don't even think it's close.

Love me some wu tang, but LOL gimme a break dude, DJ Premier is hands down more talented.

Back