• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ryan Carson - "Knife Defense is Impossible!"

do you believe the victim's Gf should have cooperated with police and provided a description of the suspect?
kind of sad how she didn't even seem to know of how serious the situation was, she was still there after he was stabbed and dying trying to reason with a maniac. They call that "normalcy bias" or some such.

iu

She's defending the attacker. These are your constituents who vote against the right to bear arms. Why you have shoplifting going on without consequence. Imagine the politicians they would vote into office. It'd probably be free reign for you to be victimized.

Decoy Octopus does good vids on this kind of stuff:

do you believe the victim's Gf should have cooperated with police and provided a description of the suspect?
Are we sure that she didn’t cooperate or that she may have been in such a state of shock she couldn’t describe him?

Same. I don't want to be on the news because my kids got eaten by a pitbull and I couldn't stab it repeatedly to thwart the attack.

smith-wesson-extreme-ops-liner-lock-folding-knife-2.jpg

Conceals and fits perfectly in your pocket. Serrated action tears on the way out. A crazy dog or crazy asshat human would get brutalized.

I've known many of different kinds, some of them I liked a lot, some I absolutely loathed. Anyway, one guy described how he was trying to get a petition signed in a project neighborhood in the city. He was surrounded by black guys who told him he had no business there, he naively told them he was trying to help them. They didn't do anything to him but as nice a guy as he was, I thought he was a little nuts and misguided personally. As for the others like that, the social workers/counselors people who think they have all the answers and screw up people's lives with their fucked up model of their worlds (both worlds, the two worlds are so different that they cause more problems with their "help" than they are worth) I absolutely hate those kind.
I have watched Firemen and Electric Company workers get assaulted and shot at. I have seen Missionaries and priests get assaulted. There are some neighborhoods that are truly no go zones for white people. They don't give a shit what you are doing. In the 90s, A white johnny do gooder rented a truck and went into the Bronx to give out free turkeys for Thanksgiving while I worked for the rental company. They stole the guys truck and took his sneakers. Some things are just common sense....stay out of certain areas. My buddy was a housing cop in Brooklyn. He worked with a team. The locals would throw old TVs off the roof at them. The moment the cops would take shelter, people would get robbed and drugs would be back in the courtyards. In minutes.

Last edited:
I have watched Firemen and Electric Company workers get assaulted and shot at. I have seen Missionaries and priests get assaulted. There are some neighborhoods that are truly no go zones for white people. They don't give a shit what you are doing. In the 90s, A white johnny do gooder rented a truck and went into the Bronx to give out free turkeys for Thanksgiving while I worked for the rental company. They stole the guys truck and took his sneakers. Some things are just common sense....stay out of certain areas. My buddy was a housing cop in Brooklyn. He worked with a team. The locals would throw old TVs off the roof at them. The moment the cops would take shelter, people would get robbed and drugs would be back in the courtyards. In minutes.
humans are violent, no big news there, even perfectly upright citizens don't like you coming near their property or family or even dallying around the property lines. I've know quite a few people to sue their neighbors over petty shit like a foot of dirt or stepping on their property to maintain their side of the property. The difference is the animus takes on a different form. The solution is one that people seem too stupid to figure, that we got no business being so close to each other. Geographical distance in all cases is our best friend.

The stakes are higher when you're around or near dumbasses or people with chips on their shoulder who have nothing better to do than intimidate someone else. They don't have the social power to do shit but they know they can cut your throat or put a knife in your heart and they do.

Someone once asked me what could I do against someone armed with a knife.

I said about 20mph in the opposite direction.
Not always the best idea.

Because you can't immediately turn back vs aggressive ( even unarmed !) opponent.
Why?
Cos then he might run forward and for example hook your leg, hit head from behind (!), even if he is unarmed....
Plus if he isn't alone, he might manage to hold you from behind while his friends will start to beat you up.

If you decided run from possible attacker first task is " to jump back " etc in order to increase distance between him and you BEFORE you will start to turn your back and run away....
Otherwise angry even unarmed opponent might be damn dangerous....
Imagine you turn back and he might manage to beat you from behind before you managed to increase distance between him and you?

So " jump back " and step back before turn back...

About knife defense it isn't so ineffective with a lot of big exceptions.
1. Experienced criminals.
They loves to attack unnoticed victims. From behind too btw.
Additionally they will show knife only IF they want to use this mainly as deterrent or threat. Otherwise everything will be done in order to hide that they does have knife...till last moment.
There then will not be knife waiving pavian showing wide and easy to see movements.
Also not likely such specimens will keep knife in jackets pocket IF they had intent to use vs someone from frontal projection.
2. Psychopaths. Unpredictable and sometimes might be fast as hell.
3. Knife fighters ( will not use just hand where knife is and not just 5-8 most common attack methods ,). Might turn stuff into dirty KB/ wrestle and knife as addition.

IMHO defense a bit !might be drilled against some 5-8 most common attack methods and then If you are aware.... Not always will help.

There was a more well done mini gameshow type thing where all these different martial artists had to survive or last 30 seconds with a guy with a knife. He was using a marker to show where he would habe got them. They all died including an mma guy who is actually a pretty good fighter with a successful channel

There was a more well done mini gameshow type thing where all these different martial artists had to survive or last 30 seconds with a guy with a knife. He was using a marker to show where he would habe got them. They all died including an mma guy who is actually a pretty good fighter with a successful channel
Ultimate self defense championships season 1.

the whole show was well thought out and a lot of fun to watch

Back