News Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev Cancelled Due to Weight Cut Issues

The fact that they just let him go ahead with the weigh in when he was looking like that just shows how much of a shit-show this sport really is. Pretty embarrassing.

If a fighter fails a hydration test, no one knows but them and they don't have to cancel the fight. Actually enforcing that type of thing would lead to more canceled fights. There is no incentive for the UFC to fix the weight cutting problem. Not until someone dies and it forces their hand (which is what happened to One).
John Wayne Parr failed his hydration test for his ONE kickboxing match recently and he said what happened was, he made weight but failed his hydration test, so his weigh-in result didn't count. He had to keep rehydrating throughout the day until he passed the hydration test. They told him he was already going to forfeit some of his purse, so he just weighed in again and was overweight.

Unfortunately people are still cutting weight in ONE (just hopefully not as much).

giphy.gif

Weight cutting business is the dumbest thing happening in mma in plan sight none the less.

Weigh fighters right before they enter the ring - problem solved.

Weight cutting business is the dumbest thing happening in mma in plan sight none the less.

Exactly; remove the incentive to do it and it will stop. Nobody will dehydrate because they’ll get their ass beat if they have to fight immediately afterwards.

Dude Zarrukh Adashev fought 3 times in Bellator
Ahh I thought you were talking about Ryan benoit fighting in Bellator.

{<jordan}

Was like wut.

Edit: thread being about beniot made me think that's what everyone was talking about him.

I wish it were that simple. People will still cut weight in order to gain some sort of “advantage” and fight really really depleted. It will cause some shitty fights and some shittier injuries, primarily brain injury since the water is the protector.

I wish it were that simple. People will still cut weight in order to gain some sort of “advantage” and fight really really depleted. It will cause some shitty fights and some shittier injuries, primarily brain injury since the water is the protector.
Some idiots will get whooped, that's about the worst outcome as no one on that level will think that they can stay competitive dehydrated and drained of carbs.

If they have to hold you up on your way to weigh in, you shouldn't be allowed to weigh in at all!

Back