News Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev Cancelled Due to Weight Cut Issues

They should do what One Fc does and just not weigh the fighters

It would be a solution but there's no financial incentive for the UFC to do it. Whatever fights they lose to a bad weight cut they would probably lose even more due to failed hydration tests. It would hurt their ability to make matches. There would also be the cost associated with testing everyone. There's just not enough outcry for them to take on all the problems it would cause for them.
I feel like there's gotta be holes in that system too though, and with ONE you would never know if something happened

I think there should be a couple more weight classes, and past that it's on the fighters to cut a reasonable amount of weight

Didn’t this guy commit some crimes back when he was in the WWE or something? Crazy that the UFC keeps hiring these types.

Yes I can't believe he got medically cleared for MMA, he had a massive amount of CTE in WWE alone.

I feel like there's gotta be holes in that system too though, and with ONE you would never know if something happened

I think there should be a couple more weight classes, and past that it's on the fighters to cut a reasonable amount of weight

It's as simple as One wanting more control over their matchups. If they make everything public they lose that.

It's as simple as One wanting more control over their matchups. If they make everything public they lose that.
What do you mean by control over their match ups?

It seems like some people they want to push just don't make weight and have a size advantage

Regardless it's tough to know if that system actually works

Didn’t this guy commit some crimes back when he was in the WWE or something? Crazy that the UFC keeps hiring these types.

One flying headbutt off the top ropes too many, first the thing with his family, now he misses weight, dude should hang em up.

What do you mean by control over their match ups?

It seems like some people they want to push just don't make weight and have a size advantage

Regardless it's tough to know if that system actually works

If a fighter fails a hydration test, no one knows but them and they don't have to cancel the fight. Actually enforcing that type of thing would lead to more canceled fights. There is no incentive for the UFC to fix the weight cutting problem. Not until someone dies and it forces their hand (which is what happened to One).

How about we cut the 125lbs weightclass as well.
Should have been done a long time ago.

Oh yea he looked terrible!

This guy is 3-3 idk how he’s even in the UFC lol. Especially considering he wasn’t even impressive when he fought in Bellator.
He's never fought for Bellator.... ????

<JerryWWF>

That sucks, I was interested to see if Adashev could get his first win.

Dude how hard is it to look something up lol stop wasting yours and my time
I thought you where referring to benoit (reasonable assumption considering the thread it about the bout being scraped because of his actions )

This is not indicative of weight cutting at all though.

How many times this year have we seen this? Twice?

90% of fighters would never dream of depleting themselves to this extent.

Easy solution, make his next fight at the weight group above, if he doesn’t like it, cut him.

He kicked the Bellator champs ass, literally

Back