Rustam Khabilov is the real deal

If he works on his cardio and varies up his striking a bit, I can see him posing problems for just about any top ten fighter. I'd like to see khabib vs. Bendo now.

I was saying this to myself when Anik asked Bendo who's next. Khabib-Bendo for the #1 spot please.

He lost because he didn't wear afro to the weigh ins this time around. He is loosing touch to his roots.

he needs to be meaner. the Rustam that beat up Ali Babaganoush in the gym would have done better tonight.

Khabib has been fighting match after match climbing the ladder, but they decided to feed Khabilov to the wolves against the no.2? Of course, it was too early for him. In a way they screwed him.

He lost because he didn't wear afro to the weigh ins this time around. He is loosing touch to his roots.

I've only see Khabib wear the wig to weigh ins, also I like your signature, very bold

Nah not really impressed. Some good grappling, tdd was on point, but Bendo just showed why he didn't belong in the cage with him. Bendo just gave him the honor of being his first finish in the UFC.

Big step up in comp tonight. Was rooting for him but Bendo looked better than ever.
I had Be do winning the fight 2-1 before the stoppage.

I have no problem continuing to back Rustam. Definitely think he's top ten material. A lot of upswing there. Thought he took the first and third.

Rustam is a good fighter...he just got a leap in competition. His management believed in him but should have worked on moving up a bit slower. But what's done is done. He held his own with Bendo and that's a win in one way I think.

He tried to pace out his cardio for 5 rounds but it still wasn't enough, you could see how tired he was. Desperately needs to work on his cardio. Dude was winning the fight, even on the official scorecards as a russian muslim, but fought ALOT worse when his cardio gave out.

What the hell does being a russian muslim have anything to do with scoring the fight? :rolleyes:

Yes, this was a big step up and he'll learn a lot from this. Certainly got what it takes to challenge for the title in the next few years

Is that all Ben Askren would need to do to be the real deal in the UFC? Get a couple of takedowns that go nowhere against a top-5 opponent then get finished? Because he could probably do that without tying too hard.

If it were a 3 round fight, he could have won. I had Round 1 and 3 for Khabilov. Nothing to be ashamed of though. He looked good.

His striking was awful. No setups at all. Then his poor defense to get rocked by Bendo the decision king. Top it off with terrible 2 round cardio. He wont go anywhere.

Get a bit of fight experience and/or knowledge, and you'll see what Rustam did wasn't what you stated and will stop being laughed at by everybody so much. You weird delusional fans (and for Bendo LOL) that try to corrupt others are pitiful.

Why is Bendo unworthy of fans? If that's your opinion, the problem is most likely, you. Being a jackass is passe. Grow up.

Rustam won round 1, but in rounds 2 and 3 Benson showed who's top 5 material and who is not. Maybe one day Rustam will reach the top, but right now he's nowhere near it, Benson was outgrapling him (I thought this could be Rustam's advantage since Thomson outgrapled Benson but I was wrong), and was getting Rustam cornered while striking.

People saying that Rustam was winning the 3 rounds are crazy, round 2 could've gone either way, and in round 3 Benson was winning, Rustam was clearly gassing.

Again, I've watched the submission like 5-10 times, and didn't see Rustam tapping... I mean, clearly he did wore out, and couldn't do anything, but I like that little example of his spirit. He will come back way better, I'm sure.

Back