News Russian MMA Fighter dies - Alexander Pisarev

RIP

Watermelon is dangerous.

Tell that to this guy
watermelon-eating.gif

RIP to Pisarev, btw.

This changes my perspective on Watermelon.
<TheWire1>

Not the worst way to die in Russia these days.
*I watch too many Ukrainian Telegram channels
You definitely do if that's the only angle you're watching.

RIP. I wonder where the watermelon was grown? I can't imagine watermelons growing in Russia, but who knows.

You never heard of green houses my dude? People grow things everywhere now
I thought about that, but evidently the toxicity is caused by them growing to close the ground. If they're mass grown in greenhouses, it seems they'd be killing people right and left....not just some MMA fighter who's probably healthier than 90% of the population.

I thought about that, but evidently the toxicity is caused by them growing to close the ground. If they're mass grown in greenhouses, it seems they'd be killing people right and left....not just some MMA fighter who's probably healthier than 90% of the population.
Yeah IDK. Rest in peace to the man. Shit sucks. RIP to Takeoff too

Doesn't make a ton of sense, there are some poisonous members of the cucurbitae family that includes watermelons and cucumbers. If some crazy grower was getting frisky with a designer cultivar and bred something into it maybe it could get poisonous.

His dad found him and the wife "sleeping" in bed but he wasn't breathing and the wife needed to be treated at the hospital. Salmonella is possible, but so is stuff like carbon monoxide poisoning.

Will be interesting to see what the toxicology / post mortem report says.

I'm not a doctor, but I have never heard of someone dying from Salmonella without developing food poisoning symptoms beforehand. Salmonellosis is lethal only in the rarest of cases.

Salmonellosis is one of the most common causes of diarrhea globally. In 2015, 90,300 deaths occurred from nontyphoidal salmonellosis, and 178,000 deaths from typhoidal salmonellosis. In the United States, about 1.35 million cases and 450 deaths occur from non-typhoidal salmonellosis a year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmonellosis#Signs_and_symptoms

Look at the total number of deaths and the number of deaths in the US. There are very little deaths due to Salmonellosis in the US despite a massive number of cases. Because the US has a solid health infrastructure on a world wide standard. People die from it because they can't get treatment. To get treatment though, you'd have to be diagnosed. So it will basically always announce itself with symptoms strong enough to drive people to the hospital before it becomes life threatening. It's a disease that's way slower than killing you in your sleep without previous symptoms.

Back