• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russian dissident Navalny criticizes the banning of Trump

I wonder how many people think Trump being banned is fine but the bakers denying service to homosexuals was wrong though?

Homosexuals wanting to get married =/= President promoting a violent coup. The whataboutism by Trump supporters is out of control.

You're an idiot. You still haven't defended or said your own thoughts on the issue. I responded to you and your stupid thread and you come back with nothing.
I didn't know his name offhand until I just googled him. Yes, I know who he is. And who he is irrelevant to the argument.
(lol and shutup with "most recognizable names in world politics")
- doesn't know who Navalny is yet wants his opinion to be taken seriously on complex issues.
- is hostile cause everybody can see he embarrassed himself with his ignorance
- is lashing out cause he most likely lacks cognitive abilities to form complex sentences besides gems of intelect such as "you're an idiot".

i agree with Navalny.
i also think perhaps the war room is too complicated for you.
perhaps try the dieting and moisturizing subforum?

Navalny should be president. He is a true liberal.

If they had banned Donnie after his term nobody would give a shit, except his 81 Mil. followers.
Navalny may be right and I have the upmost respect for him. But I think he doesn´t oversee the whole picture here. Like the Trumpists as well but for other reasons.

Navalny should be president. He is a true liberal.
i wish. putin ain't letting that happen there. the entire system is fucked. in a true election, with no interference, navalny MIGHT win moscow and other western cities. might. beyond the urals, he is probably less known.

The Supreme Leader of Iran has twitter and talked of destroying another country

So y'all want the government to tell private companies they must spread government speak now? Seems like 1984, a book you all definitely read.

when government tells private business they cant discriminate based on skin color, is it forcing that private business to spread government speak?

so they want government to promote freedom of speech, not assist or be passive in its restrictions.

i wish. putin ain't letting that happen there. the entire system is fucked. in a true election, with no interference, navalny MIGHT win moscow and other western cities. might. beyond the urals, he is probably less known.
Yeah, and in the more uncivilized parts of Russia he's hated because he doesn't want to keep shoveling gibs to them in exchange for peace.
The man would save Russia and potentially make it a destination for (relatively) soon to be lots of western immigrants.

And who he is irrelevant to the argument.
At the very least he has a very unique perspective on the whole topic, whether you agree with him or not. I also think that it's tough to compare private companies selling their soul to dictatorial governments (he mentioned Russia and China as current examples) for benefits to normal democratic countries like the US, but he certainly has a point.

A cursory search on google reveals:

Im not trying to come out here to insult anyone but I would rather take his opinion on the matter, someone who is most certainly bright enough to make the argument, than some schmoe on sherdog claiming others aren't "bright enough to have a conversation on this topic"

I already googled him. I know who he is. He is not in the news regularly enough where I immediately recalled who he was while skimming a Sherdog thread. Who he is was irrelevant to the argument. The TS asked me what I thought of his argument, not what I thought of Navalny. And if Fox by the Sea couldn't follow what I was saying, then yes, he is not bright enough to have a conversation on the topic--or any topic for that matter.

I would not have needed to know who Navalny was to disagree with his opinion.
And what even is your argument? It's a thread for discussion. You don't have to take my opinion over Navalny's. I'm sure I can find people that you would find bright enough that would agree with my view on it.

In a Twitter thread, Navalny said he thinks the ban is "an unacceptable act of censorship."
"This precedent will be exploited by the enemies of freedom of speech around the world. In Russia as well. Every time when they need to silence someone, they will say: 'this is just common practice, even Trump got blocked on Twitter,'" Navalny wrote.
The Kremlin critic said that although Twitter is a private company, "we have seen many examples in Russian and China of such private companies becoming the state's best friends and the enablers when it comes to censorship."He complained that "cold-blooded murderers (Putin or Maduro) and liars and thieves (Medvedev)" have Twitter accounts.

https://www.dw.com/en/russian-dissident-alexei-navalny-criticizes-trump-twitter-ban/a-56183293

Well this is interesting
You think he is right?

Have Navalny call me when he's ready to place US private enterprise under government control. Then we can talk.

Yeah, and in the more uncivilized parts of Russia he's hated because he doesn't want to keep shoveling gibs to them in exchange for peace.
The man would save Russia and potentially make it a destination for (relatively) soon to be lots of western immigrants.
i don't know about save but would probably push enough reform-minded people through the system that might generate a critical mass. this is an extremely unlikely scenario though. even if by some miracle he would get elected, he'd probably get shot within a week by somebody from the state apparatus, the usual suspects - disgruntled rogue chechens or something like that.

a liberal russia .... doubt it happens anytime soon. probably the model is chinese - dominant state structured that co-opted high tech, censorship and control, punishment for anyone deemed outside the norm through arbitrary rules. a lot of the world is heading towards that model.

western shill saving russia....

something like yeltsin, right?

He’s right. Twitter as always being very selective in applying their policies.

People will say they’re a private company and nobody has the right to their service. Do you also agree that a restaurant should be able to not serve Asians?
Facebook: $375,000,000 in government subsidies, but can still claim to be a private company.

That's some good lobbyists.

Homosexuals wanting to get married =/= President promoting a violent coup. The whataboutism by Trump supporters is out of control.

I'm definitely not a Trump supporter dude.

Back