• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russian dissident Navalny criticizes the banning of Trump

What a retard.

BLM has burned black owned businesses for years and these “peaceful protests” can be found all over Twitter. You actually need someone to present this to you? What a dip shit.

What a retard.

BLM has burned black owned businesses for years and these “peaceful protests” can be found all over Twitter. You actually need someone to present this to you? What a dip shit.
So no source, got it.

What a retard.

It's funny, because even one of the more prominent "careful what you wish for" tweets, is from that basketball player who was encouraging the riots. I believe his first tweet was "Burn it all down!".

Pretty sure he's still got an account.

so what do you think about what Navalvy said?

It's nonsense. I say we don't let Russia and China try to be the debate moderators on the topic of freedom. Who cares what they have to say about freedom? They are never coming to debate freedom in good faith.
We also need to have honest conversations within our own borders about the actual definitions of freedom, as well as their limits. There is a difference between getting 'censored' by a government and a business.

And there is entirely too much of this lazy thinking where people make these false comparisons and equivocations.
Why these things happen matter---it is the only thing that ultimately matters. Just looking at the results, but not how and why we got to where we are is pointless.
The right keep making this bullshit argument about them being targeted as if they are being targeted FOR being conservative, for who they are, and not what they are saying.

No, he wants one of the five billion tweets that was promoting the rioting with no consequences, so he can go "Lulz, made you look" and then fuck off.

Guy is troll. Don't play his stupid games.

It's nonsense. I say we don't let Russia and China try to be the debate moderators on the topic of freedom. Who cares what they have to say about freedom? They are never coming to debate freedom in good faith.
We also need to have honest conversations within our own borders about the actual definitions of freedom, as well as their limits. There is a difference between getting 'censored' by a government and a business.

And there is entirely too much of this lazy thinking where people make these false comparisons and equivocations.
Why these things happen matter---it is the only thing that ultimately matters. Just looking at the results, but not how and why we got to where we are is pointless.
The right keep making this bullshit argument about them being targeted as if they are being targeted FOR being conservative, for who they are, and not what they are saying.
russia and china moderators on freedom? what are you even on about
this is a guy that is constantly protesting against authoritarian regimes and how those regimes silence him and other dissidents using whatever tools they can. you are making no sense.

russia and china moderators on freedom? what are you even on about
this is a guy that is constantly protesting against authoritarian regimes and how those regimes silence him and other dissidents using whatever tools they can. you are making no sense.

???
What did you not understand? Don't compare us to Russia and China when it comes to freedom of speech. It's dumb.

" In Russia as well. Every time when they need to silence someone, they will say: 'this is just common practice, even Trump got blocked on Twitter,'" Navalny wrote."

Who gives a shit if Russia pulls out this troll argument? I don't care what Russia has to say about morality.

Stop pretending Twitter is anything but the communication arm of the Democrat Reich.

???
What did you not understand? Don't compare us to Russia and China when it comes to freedom of speech. It's dumb.

" In Russia as well. Every time when they need to silence someone, they will say: 'this is just common practice, even Trump got blocked on Twitter,'" Navalny wrote."

Who gives a shit if Russia pulls out this troll argument? I don't care what Russia has to say about morality.
it's not russia though. it's a person that has been constantly persecuted by russia and for sure knows a lot more about the dangers of censorship than you. and you cannot offer a coherent response so you just deflect and say this is russia's position, when it is in fact Navalny's. And he is against trump's banning.

Lol at Graham going "Twitter might ban me for this" for simply stating he disagrees with their ban of Trump.

Don't see how Twitter banning Trump helps enable a Russian dictatorship.

it's not russia though. it's a person that has been constantly persecuted by russia and for sure knows a lot more about the dangers of censorship than you. and you cannot offer a coherent response so you just deflect and say this is russia's position, when it is in fact Navalny's. And he is against trump's banning.

No, you are just not bright enough to have a conversation on this topic. I don't know how much simpler I could have made it.
I don't know who this Navalny person is, I was not criticizing him, I was criticizing his argument. I am responding to the quote you posted, smart guy.
Fear of being compared to Russia, or that this gives Russia another way to legitimize the abuses that they have always done, and will continue to do is a shallow argument. Comparing Twitter banning Trump to what the Russian government does when it comes to censorship is dumb.

So y'all want the government to tell private companies they must spread government speak now? Seems like 1984, a book you all definitely read.
i'm not a Trump supporter and i can't care less that he got banned

But the absurd power that some private companies gained should be regulated, specially when i can't trust them to not be politicized
18743968_101.jpg

That's a dumb argument.
He isn't being banned for who he is, he is being banned for what he says.
Charles Manson can have a twitter account so long as he doesn't go inciting violence and spreading verifiable lies while being a world leader.

How come terrorists are allowed to have twitters?

No, you are just not bright enough to have a conversation on this topic. I don't know how much simpler I could have made it.
I don't know who this Navalny person is, I was not criticizing him, I was criticizing his argument. I am responding to the quote you posted, smart guy.
Fear of being compared to Russia, or that this gives Russia another way to legitimize the abuses that they have always done, and will continue to do is a shallow argument. Comparing Twitter banning Trump to what the Russian government does when it comes to censorship is dumb.
- doesnt know who navalny is, one of the most recognizable names in world politics
- wants to engage in dialogue on complex issues, fumbles
- calls other people stupid

holy fuck, what an absolute train wreck.

I don't know who this Navalny person is, I was not criticizing him, I was criticizing his argument.

A cursory search on google reveals:
Alexei Anatolievich Navalny is a Russian opposition leader, politician, jurist and anti-corruption activist. He came to international prominence by organizing demonstrations, and running for office, to advocate reforms against corruption in Russia, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Putin's government.

Im not trying to come out here to insult anyone but I would rather take his opinion on the matter, someone who is most certainly bright enough to make the argument, than some schmoe on sherdog claiming others aren't "bright enough to have a conversation on this topic"

- doesnt know who navalny is, one of the most recognizable names in world politics
- wants to engage in dialogue on complex issues, fumbles
- calls other people stupid

holy fuck, what an absolute train wreck.
You're an idiot. You still haven't defended or said your own thoughts on the issue. I responded to you and your stupid thread and you come back with nothing.
I didn't know his name offhand until I just googled him. Yes, I know who he is. And who he is irrelevant to the argument.
(lol and shutup with "most recognizable names in world politics")

Back