• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They weren’t poorly led and they certainly could fight

Not to mention that our tactics looked nothing like the russians, and resulted in less casualties in 20 years than the commies have sustained in four weeks.

But I get it. Sometimes, you just need to quit the conversation, post a picture that doesn't make sense, and run like hell.

Not to mention that our tactics looked nothing like the russians, and resulted in less casualties in 20 years than the commies have sustained in four weeks.

But I get it. Sometimes, you just need to quit the conversation, post a picture that doesn't make sense, and run like hell.
I was saying the Taliban's tactics were like Russia's which is clear to everyone who isn't posting emotionally. Seems like you're a little rustled you can't substantiate your argument with all of the little digs and sarcastic comments. Sucks, I thought you had something to offer other than what you've read, but that obviously isn't the case so we've gone to the "Russian stooge" lines and "ur stupid" lines.

Remember like an hour ago when you were +1'ing a guy who (Very nobly) admit he misread my post and misrepresented my opinion?
Now you're trying to act like you have any intellectual superiority? Hahaha

What's the alternative? Taking Kiev and losing tens of thousands of them and slaughtering tens of thousands of Ukrainians (for real, not the heavily edited overestimated/stated crap KI and Nexta put out) in Kiev? Taking Kiev would be a nightmare for Putin on every level.
It's Kyiv, and the alternative is to not invade another country through military force.

plus The Russians have really shitty equipment, wood decking is not reactive armour.

It's Kyiv, and the alternative is to not invade another country through military force.
It's Kiev, I speak english.

Unless you type out Deutschland, Russkiy, Espana, Italia, Erie, Alba, Nederland etc.
Sick superiority complex bro, it would be cooler if it wasn't Twitter Socialite bullshit.

Anyway, they've invaded. So why would they take Kiev? Do you have anything to offer to that idea other than some sassy "WELL JUST DON'T INVADE" clapback?

Weren't you just complaining about mental and linguistic gymnastics?

You're asking meaningless questions.

It was an uprising, not a coup.

I simply don't see any point in continuing that line of inquiry.

There's a difference, and what happened in Ukraine was an uprising.

They have spent years getting trained by nato and US military officals. It's pretty clear they are fighting on a western level of fighting

you got it all wrong man, every western govt and everyone is wrong except speeit

You're asking meaningless questions.

It was an uprising, not a coup.

I simply don't see any point in continuing that line of inquiry.

There's a difference, and what happened in Ukraine was an uprising.
It was a violent uprising against the government that forced the president to flee, but not a coup.
Make sense, in a nonsensical sort of way.

It's Kiev, I speak english. Unless you type out Deutschland, Russkiy, Espana, Italia, Erie, Alba, Nederland etc. Sick superiority complex bro, it would be cooler if it wasn't Twitter Socialite bullshit. Anyway, they've invaded. So why would they take Kiev? Do you have anything to offer to that idea other than some sassy "WELL JUST DON'T INVADE" clapback?
I mean, one is Ukranian, the other is Russian. All a matter of perspective, i suppose.

I was saying the Taliban's tactics were like Russia's which is clear to everyone who isn't posting emotionally.

The Taliban's tactics don't resemble Russia's at all. The taliban's armor was wiped out within weeks, and at no point did they afterwards park it 15 miles outside of major city centers while they absorbed losses while failing to take said city.

Now I get it. You're having a hard time justifying Russia's complete lack of progress to the degree that you're insisting that taking massive casualties is part of a secret and grand plan that us blind westerners just don't understand, so you need a deflection.

But I'm thinking, even for a propagandist, this is a pretty stupid position to take.

Just in the past few minutes you've gone from:
-Russia isn't taking casualties, they're doing great! Source: Kremlin
-Well ok maybe they are taking casualties, but don't you know soviet military history? Taking massive casualties is the way they do things!
-But Afghanistan

I'm thinking you're better off just by denying reality and screaming that the west is brainwashed. Is that a stupid position? Of course. But it's vague enough to keep you afloat, even if no one believes you.

I mean, one is Ukranian, the other is Russian.
no-nope.gif

The Taliban's tactics don't resemble Russia's at all. The taliban's armor was wiped out within weeks, and at no point did they afterwards park it 15 miles outside of major city centers while they absorbed losses while failing to take said city.

Now I get it. You're having a hard time justifying Russia's complete lack of progress to the degree that you're insisting that taking massive casualties is part of a secret and grand plan that us blind westerners just don't understand, so you need a deflection.

But I'm thinking, even for a propagandist, this is a pretty stupid position to take.

Just in the past few minutes you've gone from:
-Russia isn't taking casualties, they're doing great! Source: Kremlin
-Well ok maybe they are taking casualties, but don't you know soviet military history? Taking massive casualties is the way they do things!
-But Afghanistan

I'm thinking you're better off just by denying reality and screaming that the west is brainwashed. Is that a stupid position? Of course. But it's vague enough to keep you afloat, even if no one believes you.
I'm not reading this, just a head's up

plus The Russians have really shitty equipment, wood decking is not reactive armour.

Maybe spot-welding the decaying parts of your dated tanks is an excellent plan to draw out enemy fire?

It was a violent uprising against the government that forced the president to flee, but not a coup.
Make sense, in a nonsensical sort of way.

There was no armed coup.

Coup is something specific, as I say, like a red card.

There wasn't one.

It's only a coup if you're utilising Tucker Carlson-levels of linguistic acrobatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.