International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V15

Was listening to Denis's video today/yesterday and he said that Ukrainians are downing more of their own drones than Russia which is crazy. He said the success rate is 60% when they don't use jammers in the field and 15% when they use defensive drone jamming against Russians to help their infantry.

Also supposedly a new guy was appointed as head of drone/aviation division and his loyalty is in question. There's some word that soldiers use of removing parasites from within Russian military. So far it seems to be going in the wrong direction in the opinion of at least some.

Hopefully Ukrainians can stabilize in the East because Pokrovsk may fall in two weeks. Was it local morons in that city who were planting flowers instead of digging trenches? My blood would be boiling if I lived there.

A big push for UKR now is them getting permission to use long range weapons to hit Russia deep inside Russia. UKR just asking to hit military targets while Russia continues to hit civilian targets daily....hopefully the US mans up and takes the hand cuffs off UKR.

Well looks like the F-16 narrative changed again:

In a reversal, two senior U.S. military officials say the cause of the F-16’s crash was probably not friendly fire.

Now it looks increasingly like it got shot down by Russians.

Was listening to Denis's video today/yesterday and he said that Ukrainians are downing more of their own drones than Russia which is crazy. He said the success rate is 60% when they don't use jammers in the field and 15% when they use defensive drone jamming against Russians to help their infantry.

Also supposedly a new guy was appointed as head of drone/aviation division and his loyalty is in question. There's some word that soldiers use of removing parasites from within Russian military. So far it seems to be going in the wrong direction in the opinion of at least some.

Hopefully Ukrainians can stabilize in the East because Pokrovsk may fall in two weeks. Was it local morons in that city who were planting flowers instead of digging trenches? My blood would be boiling if I lived there.
There also are things that a lot of pro ukr posters had pointed that this new boss about drones NEVER had worked with drones....
If this is true, then maybe anyone picked from street might be such chief about drones?

A big push for UKR now is them getting permission to use long range weapons to hit Russia deep inside Russia. UKR just asking to hit military targets while Russia continues to hit civilian targets daily....hopefully the US mans up and takes the hand cuffs off UKR.
Most likely no.

__
Most usable for Russia now are gliding bombs.

Most effective tool against them is to hit airfields where Su 34 are located.

For this ATACMS might be usable, however with them will not be enough.
Cruise missiles too are usable, however europe usually are using Scalp and Shadow missiles together with decoys type missiles in order to overcome air defense. These MALD decoys missiles are produced in U.S....
So permit from U.S is needed....

White House till today fears to escalate something?

If gliding bombs problem will not be solved Ukr will not be able to keep territories.
.. .IMHO.

If Ukr will not manage to hit eussians flanks in Pokrovsk area it might last just some week, not more....

Yup, also coordination between jamming teams and drones teams is needed.
On/ off type etc....
If new boss really doesn't have any experience with drones then ukr is done......
It is rumoured that he even is with naval education...and had been used for office type work during long years.

Problems also are gliding bombs and rus arty and MRLS advantage in this area.

While we 900 days are hiring mantra ykr lacks of manpower.. .doesn't have...

In reality does look that it not matters much how many soldiers you do have...
You can't to keep manned trenches anyway if opponent does have superiority in number of arty, mortars, drones and is throwing heat sink. With aviation doing CAS support too.

Pokrovsk direction is where Russia is throwing majority of ammunition supplies and experienced pro troops....

Back in 22 our squad leader volunteer said well that issue with drones is infantry on ground dont know which drone is friendly which not, anti air of course will know which is friendly

Its not like theres one drone in air, there might be 10 20 or 30

(Said volunteer saw radar image from his sector and it was swarming with drones)

Back in 22 our squad leader volunteer said well that issue with drones is infantry on ground dont know which drone is friendly which not, anti air of course will know which is friendly

(Said volunteer saw radar image from his sector and it was swarming with drones)
Not always.
There are not only anti drone tools manned by anti air units, also called anti drone guns and these might be issued to smaller units ...
And here if communication between units isn't good enough ....then you will get it.

While they does have short range, they might be carried by 1 - 2 soldiers...for infantry on foot...

I have also been having the same discussion with the guys. The consensus pretty much was that it's better to shoot down friendly drones than risk losing men. There's not always time to verify whether drones are friendly as they are fast as hell.

I have also been having the same discussion with the guys. The consensus pretty much was that it's better to shoot down friendly drones than risk losing men. There's not always time to verify whether drones are friendly as they are fast as hell.

Honestly theres currently no effective anti drone doctorine for infantry against drones anywhere really.

I got drone instructional from our lovable reservist organization which basically said you are fucked, dont move and dont expose rest of squad, can try to shoot down if you see it

Ukrainians instruct to not moving when spotted, then when/if drone drops the ordinance run fast as hell which seems logical

Honestly theres currently no effective anti drone doctorine for infantry against drones anywhere really.
Yeah, and it's pretty hopeless to shoot them with assault rifles. If I had a shotgun, I could at least try.

And I bet _every_ infantry unit will have some kind of drone jammer in the future. I'm not sure how good some of the current prototypes are but I think they are at least promising.

I got drone instructional from our lovable reservist organization which basically said you are fucked, dont move and dont expose rest of squad, can try to shoot down if you see it

Ukrainians instruct to not moving when spotted, then when/if drone drops the ordinance run fast as hell which seems logical
Ukr soldiers are different : from volunteers since 2014 th till guys after busification process.
So imagine difference in experience and motivation if they will have anti drone equipment?

Back