Russia brushes aside India's concerns, announces decision to supply arms to Pakistan

I disagree. Those crazy fuckers have nukes, we need to keep them on a tight leash.

This decision is strange though as Russia and India have been pretty tight in the past.

So what if they have nukes, not like they gona use it or give it away because they know there will be no Pakistan left if they do.

So what if they have nukes, not like they gona use it or give it away because they know there will be no Pakistan left if they do.

lol exactly, any rogue country that uses nukes will be utterly demolished by the west/world powers.

This sounds like a good opportunity.

I always felt allying with Pakistan over India was simply a result of whom india purchased arms from. I'd much rather india over pakistan as an ally.

Kerry needs to call his bosses over at Bell, Boeing and what not and get his ass to india.

I'm out of the loop a bit, what happened with the PAKFA?

I'm out of the loop a bit, what happened with the PAKFA?

Will take several years atleast before it comes online , and with how drones have been advancing it's been said that building the PakFA is a waste of time and money . F22 was started over 2 decades ago and is already in service and F35 is very close to coming online so drone development is not an argument both of these planes.

Think it woulda been better for Russia & India to upgrade the Mig and Su fighters to as far as that platfrom can be advanced and just skip getting a Gen 5 aircraft and go straight to pilotless fighters.

Why not, the U.S. gives billions of dollars in military aid to Pakistan. Since it really needs it.

That drives me crazy. I remember a few years back when the whole Egypt thing blew up and politicians and the news were talking about how we should cut off the X number of billions of dollars we give to them in aid every year. I honestly don't want to know how many billions of dollars we give to other countries in "aid."

They are forming a new Axis of Evil!

I am tempted to write a piece on how the allies not wiping out russia at end of WW2 was like not destroying Suaron's ring on LOTR

all evil must be stamped out.

Will take several years atleast before it comes online , and with how drones have been advancing it's been said that building the PakFA is a waste of time and money . F22 was started over 2 decades ago and is already in service and F35 is very close to coming online so drone development is not an argument both of these planes.

Think it woulda been better for Russia & India to upgrade the Mig and Su fighters to as far as that platfrom can be advanced and just skip getting a Gen 5 aircraft and go straight to pilotless fighters.

Also it's not up to Indian airforce standards either as well.

They are upgrading they're SU-33mki and they bought Mig-29KUB, Also they bought Rafale. An they have 2 Stealth fighter programs ACMA

They F-35 is coming slowly, but it's still on LRIP an thats not full production.

I disagree. Those crazy fuckers have nukes, we need to keep them on a tight leash.

This decision is strange though as Russia and India have been pretty tight in the past.

Politically they're not, but ideologically times are changing. Same reason Russia is gravitating to China. Same reason China is backing away from India too.

I am tempted to write a piece on how the allies not wiping out russia at end of WW2 was like not destroying Suaron's ring on LOTR

all evil must be stamped out.

So the allies were on Moscow and could had Stalin's head? everybody just wanted the war and trying to destroy the soviets would had taken more years of war, if it was even succesful.

We set the standards so low with the awfulness of our fifth gen bomber and the fact that while our fifth gen fighter is amazing, it also cuts off oxygen and kills its pilots... and yet Russia still can't get over that hump.

We set the standards so low with the awfulness of our fifth gen bomber and the fact that while our fifth gen fighter is amazing, it also cuts off oxygen and kills its pilots... and yet Russia still can't get over that hump.

what 5th gen bomber. You mean fighter right?

we have a next generation bomber program going right now. But the standards for that are very higher and rather interesting(which by the sounds of it northrop grumman is gonna win)

http://www.dvice.com/2012-12-10/northrop-grumman-patents-show-potential-next-gen-bomber-design

Sorry, when I said bomber, I meant the F-35 because of its ground attack role. Misclassification on my part.

Back