Opinion Russell Brand - Why You Can't Trust the FDA and Big Pharma

The investigation into the investigation of Russiagate has gone on longer than the Russiagate investigation. Russiagate resulted in charges against 34 individuals and 3 companies, 8 guilty pleas, and a conviction at trial. The investigation of Russiagate led by a Trump appointee has resulted in... Two charges, neither of which are serious enough to prove anything at all.

Honestly I know fuck all about the Russiagate thing. If you asked me i'd be like an investigation into the involvement of Russia in the 2016 elections. Then I'd pray that's enough because that's the full extent of my knowledge.

Oh and some guy called Mueller.

Honestly I know fuck all about the Russiagate thing. If you asked me i'd be like an investigation into the involvement of Russia in the 2016 elections. Then I'd pray that's enough because that's the full extent of my knowledge.

Oh and some guy called Mueller.

Conservatives have thrown up an effective smokescreen repeatedly calling it a hoax, supported of course by Fox News.

It was complex, dirty as hell and exposed a ton of corruption.

When choosing not to convict Republican lawmakers said they didn't feel it was necessary because Trump had "learned his lesson". That kind of statement isn't necessary with a hoax.

Nine guilty verdicts.

I don't trust them because they have a proven track record of being criminals.

Pfizer as an example:
Pfizer has been a “habitual offender,” persistently engaging in illegal and corrupt marketing practices, bribing physicians and suppressing adverse trial results. Since 2002 the company and its subsidiaries have been assessed $3 billion in criminal convictions, civil penalties and jury awards.
Tough on Crime? Pfizer and the CIHR (nih.gov)

I don't trust them because they have a proven track record of being criminals.

Pfizer as an example:
Pfizer has been a “habitual offender,” persistently engaging in illegal and corrupt marketing practices, bribing physicians and suppressing adverse trial results. Since 2002 the company and its subsidiaries have been assessed $3 billion in criminal convictions, civil penalties and jury awards.
Tough on Crime? Pfizer and the CIHR (nih.gov)
So you don't take any medicine at all then?

As I like to joke, our health care system has little to do with health care.

There are a lot of problems with our government health agencies having conflicts of interest. It is a well known problem. It has been around for a long time, but nothing is done to correct it.

So you don't take any medicine at all then?
So you trust them despite their long criminal records?

Just because you don't trust something doesn't mean you are always in a position to decline something. For example, if I need surgery I'm not going to say no to pain-killers. However, I'm not going to take anything unnecessary. In the rare case I do need something I'll be cautious and not trust them. My default position towards those companies is one of distrust. Which should be obvious if you do some reading up.

I mean if your looking for Big Pharma acting in a dodgy fashion around vacinnes I would suggest the best evidense is the way the Oxford/AZ vacinne was held up and badmouthed in the US and Europe, I wouldnt be shocked if Pfizer lobbying had a hand in that, looking to damage the credibility of a rival (which is sold at cost unlike there own product)and keep it out of markets.

taking medical advice from noted physician Doctor Russell Brand

Seriously? You believe this?

So low? In the province of Alberta, Canada, in the month of August, 11 times as many people who were unvaccinated caught COVID compared with vaccinated people, and 38 times as many people who were unvaccinated got admitted to ICU compared with vaccinated people. 38 TIMES. That's not "just better". And nobody blames even slightly people who choose as their job to try to help sick people because they aren't miserable shitstains.

Alberta lives rent free in your head. I have never in my life even given a passing thought to what is going on in PEI or its news. Take a break from CBC bud.

Alberta lives rent free in your head. I have never in my life even given a passing thought to what is going on in PEI or its news. Take a break from CBC bud.
Imagine bragging about ignorance. Sherdog never ceases to amaze. That explains why you would stick your nose into that exchange without anything useful to say on the topic, though, so there's that.

I'm confused. Is this lying?
https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/fda-basics/fact-sheet-fda-glance

About 55 percent, or $3.2 billion, of FDA’s budget is provided by federal budget authorization. The remaining 45 percent, or $2.7 billion, is paid for by industry user fees.

Seems like it's pretty government funded. User fees in looking at them seem a lot like a direct tax on pharmaceutical companies to bring drugs to market.

That doesn't seem to be the actual problem. The actual problem seems to be "do some time at the FDA and you somehow end up at a multi-million dollar position at pfizer when you are done." Thats the payoff.

It’s like saying the Police are funded by criminals because that’s how cities get money, through speeding tickets or drug seizures.

So you trust them despite their long criminal records?

Just because you don't trust something doesn't mean you are always in a position to decline something. For example, if I need surgery I'm not going to say no to pain-killers. However, I'm not going to take anything unnecessary. In the rare case I do need something I'll be cautious and not trust them. My default position towards those companies is one of distrust. Which should be obvious if you do some reading up.
Keep doubting them. Keep demanding proof and holding them accountable and never uust blindly accept anyrhing. That's literally science. To do otherwise would be anti science .

People should be listening to their doctors first and foremost. Not Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, celebrities, or memes.

The top 14 best selling pharmaceuticals of 2017/18.

Rank Drug Main indication Trade name 2018 sales (million USD) 2017 sales (million USD)
1 adalimumab rheumatoid arthritis Humira 19 936 18427
3 apixaban anticoagulant Eliquis 9872 7395
4 lenalidomide multiple myeloma Revlimid 9685 8187
5 nivolumab oncology Opdivo 7570 5763
6 pembrolizumab oncology Keytruda 7171 3809
7 etanercept rheumatoid arthritis Enbrel 7126 7885
8 trastuzumab breast cancer Herceptin 6981 7013
9 bevacizumab colon cancer Avastin 6847 6686
10 rituximab non-Hodgkin's lymphoma Rituxan,
11 rivaroxaban anticoagulant Xarelto 6589 6234
12 aflibercept Eylea 6551 5830
13 infliximab Remicade 5908 7152
14 Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine Prevnar 13

Wonder how the users of these drugs feel about big pharma?
If there weren't so many diseases and ailments, there'd be no need for big pharma, right?
Apparently there's over 10,000 diseases in the world.

Last edited:
People should be listening to their doctors first and foremost. Not Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, celebrities, or memes.

Nah. You should always do your own research and continually learn. Its how you keep from getting scammed. Without knowledge, you are like the 19 year ditzy blonde taking her car to the mechanic. They'll have you on the hook for $4000 in repairs for what was an issue with some spark plugs.

Funny seeing people who hate Russell Brand and don't believe in 99% of what he does, suddenly championing him because he gave a bit of ammunition to the anti-vax tards.

Funny seeing people who hate Russell Brand and don't believe in 99% of what he does, suddenly championing him because he gave a bit of ammunition to the anti-vax tards.

Are you suggesting that people not support people they normally don't agree with, when they do agree with them? They should hate on them anyway? Seems childish and biased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back