Opinion Russell Brand - Why You Can't Trust the FDA and Big Pharma

But plenty of Sherdoggers are much dumber than the average person, ergo Professor Russell Brand, Dr. Tito Ortiz, or even random people on Twitter are practically scholars for them.

It's sorta like how some people regurgitate whatever Hollywood celebs and Talkshow hosts have to say about anything at all, from the law to the economy, as if those "experts" actually have any real credentials on the subject matter outside of their job to entertain.
Russell Brand is a hollywood actor and talkshow host.

While I thought he was pretty entertaining in that Forgetting Sarah Marshall movie and his appearances on British comedy talk shows were always fun...

... I couldnt give two shits about his opinion on pandemic response

I actually loled at reading “Dr. Tito Ortiz”.

That head sitting on top of a white coat, ha!

Straight jackets are white!

Russell Brand is a hollywood actor and talkshow host.

Sure, the way Jeffrey Ross is a ballroom dancer or Kate Upton is an actress.

But that's besides the point, we're discussing British Professor Russell Brand's stand-up expertise on how the Food and Drugs Administration works.

I'm confused. Is this lying?
https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/fda-basics/fact-sheet-fda-glance

About 55 percent, or $3.2 billion, of FDA’s budget is provided by federal budget authorization. The remaining 45 percent, or $2.7 billion, is paid for by industry user fees.

Seems like it's pretty government funded. User fees in looking at them seem a lot like a direct tax on pharmaceutical companies to bring drugs to market.

That doesn't seem to be the actual problem. The actual problem seems to be "do some time at the FDA and you somehow end up at a multi-million dollar position at pfizer when you are done." Thats the payoff.

This

This is not how data analysis works but let's just say I agree with you

What would be the cut off point for you to say that it doesn't work well enough?

Do you have one at all? Did you even think about it?
Doesn't work well enough for what, pray tell? Adverse outcomes from taking the vaccine have been vanishingly rare compared to the number of shots given. The evidence shows the mRNA vaccines are approximately 95% effective at preventing serious illness and death. But I'd take 25% if the chance of a serious side effect from the vaccine is so low.

I have a friend who works at an aged care facility here in Melbourne where 98.5% of residents and 100% of staff are double vaccinated. There are even some who have had multiple vaccines and the procedures seem to be getting tighter not looser for some reason. Everyone comes in double masked and takes a covid test every single day. Then they spray their hands and throw the masks they are wearing away and wear two new ones. The nurse giving the test wears new ppe every 15 minutes. The amount of face shields, plastic coverings and masks they must go through every day for this bs is mind boggling. Some stupid doctor is setting these policies. Just fucking ridiculous that they might be doing this dumb shit forever.
So, let's have your friend provide some evidence to back your anecdote and then we can talk about whether we agree with you or not.

And then you can tell me all about how the remaining 15%, unvaccinated people in the facility who likely are not able to get it for medical reasons, can just get fucked and too bad if they get COVID and die because you don't like seeing all the PPE being used because it's ridiculous.

Have a nice day.

Back