run 6 times a week

Shoob**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if i run 6 times a week 10 miles a day (run 6 miles at 5 am, and 4 miles again at 3 pm) would that be too much cardiovascular energy for my legs to handle thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
A person might be able to handle that running volume, but there wouldn't really be any benefit to that amount of running (unless you're training to run marathons) or a routine like that.

You will develop the physique of a marathon runner. Go do some sprints - they only take a few minutes and is very beneficial for mma.

It totally depends on where you`re starting from. That would be an easy week for a marathon runner but I`d likely die if I tried it. The most important question tho is why you`d want to do it?

If you're training for stand-up fight sports, then do about 1/4 or 1/3 of that, and add some sprints. If you have a cardiovascular base, do even less, and more sprints. Try running stairs or hills.

Snoob, it seems to me that a schedule like that would leave very little time or energy for hang banging. But if your priorities have shifted, then I think, depending on your goals, you could build up your work capacity to handle your proposed schedule.

Snoob, it seems to me that a schedule like that would leave very little time or energy for hang banging. But if your priorities have shifted, then I think, depending on your goals, you could build up your work capacity to handle your proposed schedule.

He's splitting between 5 AM and 3 PM. Plenty of time to hang bang on the lunch hour if his dad lets him.

There's nothing inherently wrong with running 60 miles a week if you want to get better at running, but that's a pretty high volume even for distance runners. Most runners would also mix up the lengths of their runs to give themselves better recovery days. You might be better off ditching the afternoon runs, and trying to run longer in the morning, and not simply running the same distance every day.

He's splitting between 5 AM and 3 PM. Plenty of time to hang bang on the lunch hour if his dad lets him.

Have you ever hang banged?! No way he or anyone else here can maintain even moderate intensity hang banging sandwiched in between two long runs like that six days per week. That's noob thinking right there.

No one needs to run that much. Unless you're a competitive runner. In which case, this is an odd place to be looking for training advice.

Back