Rumor : UFC makes Poland debut in April

Where the Poles at to chime in here?

Actually better question, what's the MMA climate in Poland atm?

I've not been to Poland (though this would be a good excuse to go :wink:) but I can say from England that when I go to wrestling class the coach is a Pole, when I go to MMA class the coach is a pole, when I went to a kickboxing class the coach was a pole, and most of the guys in the class were Poles (or other eastern euro) :wink:

Poland has the most MMA talent / fanbase in the EU IMO and a Jedrzejczyk fight in Poland would be great for attention in that country, and for the division (would easily sell).

Not sure why so many are assuming that the main event needs to include a fighter from Poland. Plenty of the international cards haven't had a local in the main event. Germany got Mousasi-Munoz, for example. I'd expect a card in Poland to get similar treatment.

I hope it's in Krakow, visited there last year and it's a short flight from the UK and a great city :D

Finally found somewhere that drinks more vodka than I do!

Tybura, Niedzwiedz and Kowalkiewicz would be great signs.

Yes, I think it would be a great time to sign Karolina Kowalkiewicz (6-0) to the UFC. She is currently ranked #7 strawweight in the world according to Unified Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Rankings, propelled to that height by her defeat of Mizuki Inoue at Invicta FC 9, a fight that was awarded "Fight of the Night".

This interview video (in English), following her fight against Mizuki, has exciting footage from that fight at 0:36 to 1:20, and 1:32 to 1:44, and 1:53 to 2:10.

[YT]8ZRE_AD64cg[/YT]

Bruce Buffer is sweating bullets looking at all these Polish last names.

Lol!

tumblr_lsaikufiCo1qkgufio1_500.jpg

If it means they will sign KK then Im down. Love me some KK.

Where the Poles at to chime in here?

Actually better question, what's the MMA climate in Poland atm?

Well KSW - the main MMA promotion in Poland - seems to be doing well and that has been going for a while. They have some good fighters in the UFC, Jan Blatchowicz (or something like that), Jotko, Bandel and Joanna of course.

If only they signed Mamed Khalidov.

Khalidov is the best polish fighter imo and ufc couldn't sign him

the man has 1 loss in his last 30 fights

Pudzianowski vs CM Punk. Make it happen! :icon_twis

Wait no, Burneika vs CM Punk. :icon_chee

Back