Rumor: Sony Planning NIGHTWATCH Movie with Spike Lee Possibly Directing

Hellboy IS the knockoff.

Blue Devil > Hellboy (Sorry, Rama)

4df95ceb6ffc81929f9666dfd20102da.jpg
I wasn't sure to go the extra mile and mention Blue Devil or talk shit about the non-GdT film coming out, but you understood anyway.

For a moment I thought they were remaking the Russian film Night Watch and shit almost went down.

Twilight watch and Last watch are supposed to happen around 10 years after Day watch.... doing another 2 more would be a great idea imo

I'm really going to have to sit down and watch this movie at some point. Not sure it will be able to top Fear of a Black Hat for the title of Most Hilarious Black Parody Movie though.

CB4 is pretty lame overall, but it has it's moments. "Straight Outta Low Cash" is classic.

I'd suggest just watching the clips on Youtube, rather than sit through the movie.

He's never exactly been a BO juggernaut, but even creatively he's been lacking since his glory days.

I just don't know why he's even a big name in Hollywood anymore, who would be trusted with such a big money project. He hasn't done anything of note for decades. He's just a staple I guess. May as well announce Micheal Moore as a director of one of these flicks.

I don't particularly care for Spike Lee, but I do want to give credit where it's due. Chi-Raq was an interesting and creative offering, so I would recommend that you check that one out if you want to see something he did recently that actually had something going for it.

But yeah, he's not a big name anymore. He hasn't really had a bona fide hit since Inside Man, and that was more than a decade ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with that approach.

I'm weird, I even enjoy super hero movies that are objectively bad. And good ones? Christmas.

Do you ever drop a show ? or you finish them all.

Do you ever drop a show ? or you finish them all.

I dropped every superhero show not on Netflix.

I plan on returning to them down the road and binging them, but there's just too much excellent television these days and not enough time.

I have dropped a lot of other shows. I usually give a premise I like three or four episodes even if the execution is bad, but I have no problem dropping a show I don't like.

I usually hit up someone whose opinion I trust like @Dragonlordxxxxx or @Anung Un Rama down the road and ask if a show is worth revisiting.

I dropped every superhero show not on Netflix.

I plan on returning to them down the road and binging them, but there's just too much excellent television these days and not enough time.

I have dropped a lot of other shows. I usually give a premise I like three or four episodes even if the execution is bad, but I have no problem dropping a show I don't like.

I usually hit up someone whose opinion I trust like @Dragonlordxxxxx or @Anung Un Rama down the road and ask if a show is worth revisiting.
Did you see "What Happened to Monday"?

I'm really going to have to sit down and watch this movie at some point. Not sure it will be able to top Fear of a Black Hat for the title of Most Hilarious Black Parody Movie though.

Fear of a Black Hat > CB4

And it's not even close.

I did.

I liked but didn't love it. Interesting premise, varied performances, but I wasn't thrilled with the resolutions.
I had the same opinion of it. Could have used the short series treatment to build relationships/ drama.
Good to see Willem play a non-insane non-villain again.

Last edited:
Back