Rumina Sato or Gomi?

I never understand the argument that ADCC favors BJJ. Do you want us to make wrestlers happy by awarding 4 points for giving up your back?

Ugh Not the style v style thing again.
Cant we just agree it was nice to see a style of sub grappling where you ACTUALLY LEARN to take the man down in order to sub them?
Geez!

The only major difference is the uniform. YOu have to wear shoes in combat wrestling, plus the point system is slighlty different. The objective is essentially the same though- dominent positions, attempts, and control is rewarded.

I like both, but like I said, they don't even have a Combat Wrestling Organization any longer.

adcc is so boring. i am a grappler. but i hate adcc. it's lame.

combat wrestling is way more exciting.

Sato is a madman. If I jumped and landed on my back like that, I'd cough for a minute. He's like a rubber ball. I liked that cradle neck crank he does in the beginning of the clip. Thanks for the vid.

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
Sorry, I should I added a IMO to the end of that.

Combat Wrestling > Abu Dhabi Bull Crap IMO

As always, your subtle humor made me lol! Thanks for the vid!

is this the gomi clip? If so, it looks exciting because he is walking through the compeittion, at least IMHO.

Anybody see Gomi in the backround for one of the fights? He looked scared shitless.

I like the "sureepa hoorudo" for all of the shime waza... priceless!

blanko said:
is this the gomi clip? If so, it looks exciting because he is walking through the compeittion, at least IMHO.

As fas as I notice Gomi is nowhere in this matches.

These matches are for the 10th Anniversary Sato DVD. Gomi is not on them, as far as I can tell.

Shooto Panama said:
I don`t know if you noticed but around the 2002-2003 clips Sato fought Imanari (Shaved head/Red trunks) and choke him out.
Yeah, I aactully have the 10 Anniversary Combat Wrestling DVD, so I have seen the matches. I dont like Imanari all that much though, and he sure isn't the king of leg locks. Todia DOMINTAED in his Combat Wrestling matches with leg locks, plus he didn't use the same set up for his leg locks everytime. Todia > Imanari

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
Yeah, I aactully have the 10 Anniversary Combat Wrestling DVD, so I have seen the matches. I dont like Imanari all that much though, and he sure isn't the king of leg locks. Todia DOMINTAED in his Combat Wrestling matches with leg locks, plus he didn't use the same set up for his leg locks everytime. Todia > Imanari

Glad you see the truth......Shooto>>>>>>ZST&RINGS and everything else.

Back