News Rumble Johnson out of the LHWGP

He won't hurt Phil but he's got good movement, TDD, rangy striking and angles. Jon only managed to get the wrestling to work on him when he was tired. I don't recall anyone ever going and imposing wrestling on him. 30-27 Reyes imo.
Im not sold on Reyes at all, tbh. He hasnt faced any wrestlers the caliber of Davis. At least not any his same size and without a shot chin. He looked good against Jon but so did Anthony Smith, Marreta, and even OSP. Plus, I dont remember Jones trying to wrestle too much in their fight.

Im not sold on Reyes at all, tbh. He hasnt faced any wrestlers the caliber of Davis. At least not any his same size and without a shot chin. He looked good against Jon but so did Anthony Smith, Marreta, and even OSP. Plus, I dont remember Jones trying to wrestle too much in their fight.

Jones tried to wrestle a reasonable amount and finally got it to work for him in the 5th, but Jones has the tools to work inside a rangy striker and get to the clinch which I'm not sure Phil really does, at least to that level. I don't believe shooting from the outside would work that well on Dom.

The tournament was set up for Bader to make it to finals anyways. What's the point of beating a tough opponent, fighting the reigning champ and if you get past the best guy in the division there's a fresh Bader ready to pick up the scraps

Everyone seems excited to put in Anglickas, but I'd prefer Albrektsson it's got the whole rematch avenge the loss angle.

Yeah, I started doing some quick checking and that seems like a really, really obvious choice.

This really sucks but it blows my mind when people blame the promotion for it. You guys realize PRIDE tournaments had pullouts too right? Fighting multiple times in one night isn't the answer either because people pull out between fights pretty regularly. Go watch any of the fight twice, win twice PFL playoff cards to see what I mean.

It is crazy.

It's almost as if these people grew up only watching a promotion that doesn't do tournaments and they don't know the first thing about them...but like talking as if they are experts.

Back