Royce vs Joe Rogan in BJJ - who takes it?

well royces brother has told me many many of things about royce and so has others that royce gets tooled by alot of his purple belt students. i was told royce was not very gifted in jiu jitsu. im not a huge fan of rogan but im pretty sure rogan would beat royce in a match especially since it would be no gi as rogan doest even touch the gi
How does that equal out to Rogan being better? Straight up MMA, or even grappling, Royce beats Joe

lol so if someone doesnt care to put a comma some how makes them a retard huh damn if thats the case i could really clown on people for things they do and say here

Is English your native language?

well royces brother has told me many many of things about royce and so has others that royce gets tooled by alot of his purple belt students. i was told royce was not very gifted in jiu jitsu. im not a huge fan of rogan but im pretty sure rogan would beat royce in a match especially since it would be no gi as rogan doest even touch the gi

I can't believe these stories - Royce is 51 years old, he must have been a black belt for 30+ years, spent his entire life doing nothing but fighting / training / coaching, his formative years spent rolling with the likes of Rickson and Royler - even if he was the slowest leaner ever, he would be significantly better than purple belt.

Anyone that says Royce is purple belt level just isn't thinking about this logically - even if he doesn't play the modern style of BJJ, even if he doesn't have a long list of competitive accolades, even if he getting on in age, even if he isn't a great athlete - he has to be at minimum a peg above your average hobby black belt.

I can't believe these stories - Royce is 51 years old, he must have been a black belt for 30+ years, spent his entire life doing nothing but fighting / training / coaching, his formative years spent rolling with the likes of Rickson and Royler - even if he was the slowest leaner ever, he would be significantly better than purple belt.

Anyone that says Royce is purple belt level just isn't thinking about this logically - even if he doesn't play the modern style of BJJ, even if he doesn't have a long list of competitive accolades, even if he getting on in age, even if he isn't a great athlete - he has to be at minimum a peg above your average hobby black belt.

Keep in mind that a lot of the old school guys refuse to learn anything once they get out of prime and the level back in the day was pretty shit.
Doing outdated inefficient stuff once you are old and frail isn't that good.

Keep in mind that a lot of the old school guys refuse to learn anything once they get out of prime and the level back in the day was pretty shit.
Doing outdated inefficient stuff once you are old and frail isn't that good.
So you keep an eye on Royce's training?

So you keep an eye on Royce's training?

I don't care what he is doing at all. But I have heard the he has trained BJJ for 30 years argument before with other old schoolers and they haven't learned much over decades just got old.
A self-defense focus is a big red flag to me. It's IMHO something that people who aren't good enough in sport focus (or in some other cases a way to make money from the bitchass demographic).

I don't care what he is doing at all. But I have heard the he has trained BJJ for 30 years argument before with other old schoolers and they haven't learned much over decades just got old.
A self-defense focus is a big red flag to me. It's IMHO something that people who aren't good enough in sport focus (or in some other cases a way to make money from the bitchass demographic).

Red flag? What the hell dude. Your post makes no sense. Royce fought in real nhb fights his whole life... He knows what works. Royce is a real fighter, he's proven that fighting real people. In his prime he would beat the shit out of Rogan. Rogan has never even had a real pro fight.

Red flag? What the hell dude. Your post makes no sense. Royce fought in real nhb fights his whole life... He knows what works. Royce is a real fighter, he's proven that fighting real people. In his prime he would beat the shit out of Rogan. Rogan has never even had a real pro fight.

Royce is a pioneer of the sport, but he isn't training mma fighters but teaching people who suck self defense moves.

I'd have to go with Royce on this one. He's a LOT better than most would give him credit for.
Sure he's not doing flying spinning Texas foot-chokes but his basics are as solid as it gets and he's been exposed to the new stuff.

Royce wins with the basics.

In the Octagon ...imo.. Joe Rogan would destroy Royce

no gi and striking allowed

I'd pay to see

Well, if he get beaten by his own purple belts, I guess it makes a good teacher.

Surely, one will judge your instructor skills by looking at what they have created, trained and retained to a certain extend .

While some people tend to ridicule his grappling skills. We must still remember that he was the battering ram and enforcer for the Gracie family for many years .

Not sure why people easily forget that. It was not his purple belts doing the smashing...it was Royce all alone defending the flag.

I’ve never seen Royce working with high level guys, but I have seen old-schoolers Fabio Gurgel and Saulo Ribeiro toy with solid black belts.

Do you really think Rogan could submit AND TKO Ken Shamrock and win 3 UFC tournaments

????

Last edited:
I pick Rogan. I don't think Royce's old school game can keep up with Rogan's new school game. You don't get a black belt by showing up. You have to at least get a few hundred taps. Rogan by points. Royce doesn't tap.

Tbf he kneed Ken in the nuts for the "TKO "
I don’t think Rogan could do that.

But honestly that fight looked fixed. Shamrock wasn’t even kneed that hard in the nuts but decided to turtle lmao

Royce fought in real nhb fights his whole life... He knows what works. Royce is a real fighter, he's proven that fighting real people.

His whole life? Nah. A short portion of his life. And he was fighting against guys who had no clue how to deal with BJJ. And even still he struggled against guys like Kimo, Hackney, and Severn. Had they known sub defense or counter grappling, he would've gotten smoked.

We must still remember that he was the battering ram and enforcer for the Gracie family for many years .

Enforcer? Nah. They picked him because he was the guy who looked the least imposing. They used him because he was the weakest brother. They wanted to show off the power of BJJ. It would look less impressive if it was Rickson doing it. Royce was a tool, not an enforcer.

Back