Royce Gracie says there was no Low Blow

BisexualMMA

Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...ersial-shamrock-low-blow-it-did-not-catch-his

And that a 4th Ken Shamrock fight isn't impossible...

"My father did not make fighters," he said. "He taught us how to teach, not how to fight. We fight to prove that our style is the best. It's up to Scott Coker. I thought I was out, and he pulled me back in."

garcia-al-pacino-saf21958.jpg

I believe those quotes in the article are from the post-press conference. I wonder if he got a chance to watch the fight and change his mind. I can buy him thinking it wasn't a low blow when the fight was taking place. I can't buy him saying the same and being truth-full about it if he watched the fight.

I did like his line about being pulled back in.

they both can twist the truth like no other. but let it be clear; that was a fucking nutshot. no two ways about it

Everytime Royce opens his mouth, I like him less and less.

It looks like the ref was looking at shamrocks hand area to make sure he wasnt.....?

It looks like the ref was looking at shamrocks hand area to make sure he wasnt.....?

I think he was looking at the fighters facial expression. You can see him looking downwards after the low blow is landed.

He looked down a second or two too late and only sees the foot being planted back on the mat and not the shot itself.

Ken was wearing like some kind of massive, super-sized cup or something. It was impossible to miss.

Guys like me, Ken and Rockhold understand that sometimes, specialized protection is required.

Everytime Royce opens his mouth, I like him less and less.
Him and Ken have become really unlikable. His trolling, inability to answer a question and talking around those questions really annoyed me at the post fight conference. His troll smile IMO trumps Werdum's because it's real and not a silly face (like werdum does).

The Texas commission should have "sanctioned" a UFC 1 rule fight to begin with. Give them the bare knuckles, the wrestling shoes and BJJ gi cause why not? You're already putting on Dada vs. Kimbo and this, can't get much worse. We could have seen an epic fight reminiscent of UFC 1. Severe oversight imo.

I'd like Royce and respect him more if his response was, "it was a low blow, it was unintentional, but I don't stop fighting until the ref stops me. I'm proud of my victory nonetheless."

The thing that weirds me out about the fight is Ken's delayed reaction to the low blow.

If they want a 4th fight, tell them to waive their salaries, because I wouldn't be shocked if this was some kind of a trick to secure a second payday.

Here's a better angle of what the ref could see:
lxv6N58.gif

The ref was ever so slightly behind Ken at the time of impact and Kens hips were turned away. Couple that with the delayed reaction that occurred during the second fair knee and Kens history of crying foul and being dramatic, one can see why the Ref may have missed it.

This coming from a family who has always changed every rule and broke them in almost every sanctioned bout they fought in.

Back