Royce Gracie says there was no Low Blow

I didn't care who won either way, but this fight made me really dislike Royce. Claiming it never happened, and then at the press conference saying how happy he was about his first "knockout". I hope Royce does fight again, I just hope it turns out like his bout with Hughes.

Shamrock gave up like he gave up against Kimbo, those 2 fights were the worst fights I have ever seen in my life, I never want to watch Ken Shamrock or Kimbo fight, unless Kimbo has an oxygen tank strapped to him and Ken fights to the death and not allowed to give up.

Ken's reaction was too weird... why did it take too long to react? I didn't like that, feels fake.

Ken's reaction was too weird... why did it take too long to react? I didn't like that, feels fake.

Not weird at all. Nut shot pain usually increases before it decreases. You get the shot and feel pain .. seconds later the real pain hooks in.

I thought he was gonna say, no low blow because Ken has no balls.

Not weird at all. Nut shot pain usually increases before it decreases. You get the shot and feel pain .. seconds later the real pain hooks in.

The typical fighter reaction when they get hit in the nuts is to immediately cry out and back off which is what makes the ref give them time to recover. Regardless of whether the pain increases or not, they don't act like initially it didn't bother them.

And he has a history of fast endings that seem like he was looking for a way out of the fight.

Both Shamrock and the ref are right, in a weird sort of way. We all know what a nut shot is, people have been hit where Ken was hit and refs have called it a "Nutshot" in the past, so in my opinion, though it didn't land on his nuts per se, it qualifies as a nutshot because it certainly rang his nuts bad enough to distract him. The ref should have seen it and acted upon it immediately. The one thing that doesn't feel right is that Royce only has wrist control of Ken's left wrist, while Ken's right hand is cupping Royce's neck. At no point after the nut shot do we see Ken's right arm twitch or move to acknowledge that a nutshot landed bad enough to cause distress, it's like he was fighting through it all perfectly. Only after the bad knee did Ken's hands move toward his crotch. It really looked like Ken was fine until the knee, IMHO. Delayed reaction or not, Ken had a free hand to signal the ref or at least push off Royce to call attention to the "Foul."

The typical fighter reaction when they get hit in the nuts is to immediately cry out and back off which is what makes the ref give them time to recover. Regardless of whether the pain increases or not, they don't act like initially it didn't bother them.

He try'd to fight through it while still thinking the ref is going to step in and give him his time to recover. Then the real pain hooked in and the realization that the ref isn't going to give him his time / never seen the low blow so he started complaining. He is also protecting his groin area when Royce is on top of him trying to land punches to his head. He wasn't dazed or confused, the shot to the groin is why he lost.

They were in the clinch when the low blow landed. Maby he was unable to step back as you suggest because of pain and / or because Royce didn't give him any room to. This is a 50 year old man getting kneed in the nuts that we are talking about. There was maby 2 seconds between the nut shot and knee to the head. That isn't a unreasonable amount of time for a delayed reaction to a shot in the nuts. Nor is it a unreasonable amount of time for Ken to be still thinking the ref will step in so he can recover from the low blow.

Ken isn't that good of an actor. He was very upset .. not only during the fight but also at the press conference. And not all fighter reactions to low blows are the way you claim.

And he has a history of fast endings that seem like he was looking for a way out of the fight.

This fight isn't one of those times.

Ken Files a complaint

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...omplaint-following-royce-gracie-loss.3177349/

Ken on his loss

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ken-shamrock-on-loss-to-royce-gracie.3177053/

Last edited:
Ken isn't that good of an actor.

Ken was a pro wrestler and he also was did a lot of trash talking before fights with guys like Tito Ortiz.

He was very upset .. not only during the fight but also at the press conference. And not all fighter reactions to low blows are the way you claim./

Well, If they don't react like I said, they aren't gonna get the ref to stop the action. They have to react like they just got a painful blow to the crotch area. If he was in pain from a knee to the crotch region, he needs to cry out and let the ref know. But, f there is such a thing as delayed reaction to that then Ken was very unlucky and should be upset. I don't know if he has a chance at a re-match. He was not active prior to the incident, but if the ratings are there, maybe Coker gives him another shot.

Last edited:
Ken was a pro wrestler and he also was did a lot of trash talking before fights with guys like Tito Ortiz.

I know he was in WWE and like I said he isn`t that good of an actor. Are you trying to claim all the complaining he did in the cage / at the press conference / statement on his facebook page / and recent complaint he filed to get the fight turned to a NC / get a rematch is all just an act of his. Kinda far fetched if you ask me.

Well, If they don't react like I said, they aren't gonna get the ref to stop the action. They have to react like they just got a painful blow to the crotch area. If he was in pain from a knee to the crotch region, he needs to cry out and let the ref know.

This is simply not true. There have been low blows where the ref just steps in because he sees them. Some where the fighter that lands it takes a step back themselves because the ref didn't see it. Every low blow doesn't get stopped only because one of the fighters act the way you described. And he was acting like he got a painful blow the moment he realized the ref didn't see the blow and the pain increased. As it normally does with nut shots.

Last edited:
Here's a better angle of what the ref could see:
lxv6N58.gif

Hell, we all saw it live and no one saw a nut shot until they showed the 2nd (correct) replay. Everyone thought Ken was bullshitting at first. But Gracie's comments about "we fought with no rules" and etc was annoying. There are rules now Gracie and you are supposed to follow them. It all came off very accidental but his comments about it just showed he didn't care either way. Disappointing.

Hell, we all saw it live and no one saw a nut shot until they showed the 2nd (correct) replay. Everyone thought Ken was bullshitting at first. But Gracie's comments about "we fought with no rules" and etc was annoying. There are rules now Gracie and you are supposed to follow them. It all came off very accidental but his comments about it just showed he didn't care either way. Disappointing.

Same thing I was thinking. Rules are rules now, regardless if they weren't there when you first started fighting.

It looked like it landed on his thigh to me. He must have some pretty weird anatomy.

He acted like a total douche after the fight and someone who has been around as long as him knows you keep fighting. He wanted out.

Back