Media Royce Gracie on the JRE

I swear I thought he extended the deal, but maybe not? Or perhaps he's allowed to do both now similar to other podcasts?

i think he re signed for 250 and they let him put it on multiple platforms.

Did you read that expose article on the Gracies and their origin story? They really are terrible people lol.

no but i know about what his family did to Rufino Dos Santos, the bullshit they had with Wallid Ismail, how upset Royce was vs Sakuraba when his special rules came back to bite him in the ass, and just overall in general how ridiculously pretentious the whole family seems to be.

Yeah i remember that, and Spotify is more susceptible to social pressure since they're a Swedish company and don't have the free speech anything goes approach of the US.
True, I don’t really care about Rogan, I just wanted to listen to Young... so I switched to Amazon :( . Neil would probably disown me too lmao, but all his albums are there. I’m not sure about the situation now.
Useless ramblings below :
And no matter what your opinions are, I found that Neil Young had balls to do that, as, I guess, most of his revenue comes from streaming platforms (although to be fair, I’m not worried about his bank account ; he still releases new (and old, lol) material at a crazy rate, so much that, even as the one person I can say I’m a fan of, I just can’t keep up, even today. I listened to Chrome Dreams a lot recently, merely because it’s a fucking good compilation released last year, and realized not long ago that two more albums were released since then. He supposedly has a fuckton of unreleased material too, and aged really well, so I still give a look at what he does from time to time. Crazy to think that Everybody Knows This is Nowhere is from 1969.

For the story, during harder times living outside, I spent hundreds of hours covering his songs on the streets (mostly), which kept me from "just" begging, which I found really fucks with your soul when you’ve got no other choice (it still happened a lot. Storms, broken strings, broken voice, sometimes that was kinda funny, I played in really horrendous situations, and people probably just had pity on me lmao.
I owe him a lot actually, which I find a bit weird. I hope Amazon pays him good :p
But I’m mostly okay now. Not that it matters, but it’s just to say that it’s not really a sad story. I even miss some times of that life.

no but i know about what his family did to Rufino Dos Santos, the bullshit they had with Wallid Ismail, how upset Royce was vs Sakuraba when his special rules came back to bite him in the ass, and just overall in general how ridiculously pretentious the whole family seems to be.
This expose went all the way back to literally the 1930s,...they've always been thugs. The first generation were even worse than the subsequent ones.

Yeah i remember that, and Spotify is more susceptible to social pressure since they're a Swedish company and don't have the free speech anything goes approach of the US.
I thought one of the cool things about the spotify deal was that this asshole could say anything he wanted? (....as 60 full episodes were immediately removed).

If you think that's the first time Royce took steroids I've got a bridge to sell you. Everyone was on steroids back then.
Lol no. Royce started juicing after he got bullied by Hughes and realized he needed to do more than eat some sliced papaya.

True, I don’t really care about Rogan, I just wanted to listen to Young... so I switched to Amazon :( . Neil would probably disown me too lmao, but all his albums are there. I’m not sure about the situation now.
Useless ramblings below :
And no matter what your opinions are, I found that Neil Young had balls to do that, as, I guess, most of his revenue comes from streaming platforms (although to be fair, I’m not worried about his bank account ; he still releases new (and old, lol) material at a crazy rate, so much that, even as the one person I can say I’m a fan of, I just can’t keep up, even today. I listened to Chrome Dreams a lot recently, merely because it’s a fucking good compilation released last year, and realized not long ago that two more albums were released since then. He supposedly has a fuckton of unreleased material too, and aged really well, so I still give a look at what he does from time to time. Crazy to think that Everybody Knows This is Nowhere is from 1969.

For the story, during harder times living outside, I spent hundreds of hours covering his songs on the streets (mostly), which kept me from "just" begging, which I found really fucks with your soul when you’ve got no other choice (it still happened a lot. Storms, broken strings, broken voice, sometimes that was kinda funny, I played in really horrendous situations, and people probably just had pity on me lmao.
I owe him a lot actually, which I find a bit weird. I hope Amazon pays him good :p
But I’m mostly okay now. Not that it matters, but it’s just to say that it’s not really a sad story. I even miss some times of that life.

I don't think he would disown you since he is back on spotify

US has a free speech anything goes approach? Seems the exact opposite to me.

Grow the fuck up. Kill your heroes.
You’re not my dad !!!
No seriously, I obviously expected such reactions, but in the end, it’s mostly about the music. It’s hard to dissociate that with that part of my life, but let’s not talk about that further.

When I first watched UFC 1 as a kid I was rooting so hard for Royce to get battered.

Now when I watch it in retrospect I can't help but admire Royce's skills for his day and how he blazed through everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back