Royce Gracie Gi

as far as softness, how would you compare the single weave Rickson gi to a single like Koral?

They are about the same. Both are light but I think the Mizuno is a little softer, not much though.

www.SSFgear.com

infamous mattyd said:
do you train with royce? If not, why bother? it would insult people in your school
"Why the hell should I care what other people think" - Matt
"Well technically he does train under team Royce Gracie, he trains under XYZ and XYZ got his black belt from Royler who is the brother of Royce!" - Matt

Soid said:
"Well technically he does train under team Royce Gracie, he trains under XYZ and XYZ got his black belt from Royler who is the brother of Royce!" - Matt
haha Mr. fancy I have 4 stripes is talking shit?

SSF said:
They are about the same. Both are light but I think the Mizuno is a little softer, not much though.

www.SSFgear.com

light, softer than a Koral, and a lean cut.....the Rickson single may have just jumped to the top of my gi wish list. don't think I'm a fan of gold weaves anymore. I think I've come to realize that the softer, lighter, and leaner....the better.

arcadiadan said:
light, softer than a Koral, and a lean cut.....the Rickson single may have just jumped to the top of my gi wish list. don't think I'm a fan of gold weaves anymore. I think I've come to realize that the softer, lighter, and leaner....the better.
I still like golds because they will hold up to more of a beating.. Other wise your replacing kimonos every 6 months. Tear in the pants, tear in the hip.. one of the two normally happen and then have to buy atleast new pants.. or get them sewn, or something.

The Mizuno pants are the best. Heavy material and not so much junk in the trunk and crotch. Sort of a low rider jean type of fit. We are cloning(paying tribute to) the Mizuno pants on the SSF gi.

www.SSFgear.com

granted its been quite some time since I've last owned a gold weave....so perhaps my tastes can accomodate one again like the upcoming SSF gi. but still lightness, softness, and leanness are most important to me. so far my Koral is as close to a perfect balance for me as I've found. looking forward to the SSF and maybe trying the Mizuno Rickson single as well.

Soid said:

lol...as long as you don't go to carlson's with a huge btt patch on your gi, you'll be alright :D

So SSF, Which brand of Gi are you guys cloning and how much will the price be?

We are cloning 3 gis to make one Frankinstein gi. It's going to be the Koral cut, Mizuno gold weave and pants and the HCK collar. Some of the features of my fav gis. I would of taken the Gameness Platinum weave but I couldn't do that to Ed.

www.SSFgear.com

Yes to both questions.
The Gameness comes with some nice heavy pants with a rope for a draw string.
The SSF gear is going to come with clones of the Mizuno pants, my fav pants of all time.

www.SSFgear.com

Thanks for responding back guys btw what's the different between single weave and a double weave?

DarthTex said:
Thanks for responding back guys btw what's the different between single weave and a double weave?
Double is alot thicker, I perfer the gold or platinum weave.

Back