Roy Nelson vs Mark Hunt

Zlatan1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both have one punch knock out power, iron chins and both look like they're addicted to big macs.

Mark will probably get a highter ranked opponent if he beats Struve, but this match up would be nothing but fireworks.

Roy would probably take him down and submit him. Hunt doesn't have the BJJ that Roy has.

If Hunt can stop the takedown it'll be a long night for Roy.

if he couldnt take hunt down it would be interesting, marks td defense has improved

Mark hunt by a long shot, anyone with a chin/hands and a intelligent game-plan can beat Roy. Frank Mir/JDS/Werdum all showed this (and one of them doesn't have the best of chins 0.o) Mark hunt strings together his combinations in such slick fashion by the time your tagged with his jab a blink of a second later your eating a full on overhand or uppercut. And his follow up strikes usually land because he works his jab really well in the first round (then he uses his head for defense after round 1 lol) Watch the Kongo/Hunt fight again and see how he finds his range with that jab, it even allows him to land a counter punch timing Kongo on the way in before the inevitable KO.

Mark hunt by TKO (definitely wont get a 1 punch ko but a flurry for a Tko maybe.)

Roy has great power and improving hands...

If he stands for more than 10 seconds with Mark Hunt it will quickly turn into Roy bull rushing Hunt into the cage, and holding on for dear life...This will continue until the fight is over.

Roy is a superior grappler.

Hunt is a superior striker.

Anything is possible but im leaning towards Roy mainly because i think he will eventually take Mark down sooner or later.

I would watch it but Roy would try anything to take Hunt down.

Hunt has great hands and tons of power, but how many times have we watched Roy get hit with everything but a fucking tank and keep moving forward? Maybe not forward... but he doesn't go down.

Hunt is more than capable of recreating this.

tumblr_m7yg0fpPJH1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Both have one punch knock out power, iron chins and both look like they're addicted to big macs.

Mark will probably get a highter ranked opponent if he beats Struve, but this match up would be nothing but fireworks.

no , barry v hunt

I like how some just skip over or don't know that Roy has terrible takedowns and wrestling himself.

He rarely gets people down when he tries. Like last night he had nothing for a novice like Meathead in that regard. He tried and tired hard to take Meat down and couldn't while others have. Mir of all people tossed Roy around and outwrestled him.

Not a fan of this matchup. Roy deserves someone higher ranked, and frankly I don't think Roy would have any trouble submitting Hunt or getting top position for a TKO.

If Roy can't take him down, then Hunt will flatten him and millions would rejoice.

Im sure both links haunt you in your sleep. Melvin back pedaling and KO"n Hunt, and Gegard embarrassing Hunt.

Ok, they were something different than anticipated....

Yes they huant my dreams every night...But seriously, did you think we're in a pissing contest or something?

I was just pointing out that Roy has been knocked out, and Hunt can replicate it...That's it.

Back