Roy Nelson vs Mark Hunt

Would be awesome if they kept it standing. They should up the stakes with the winner getting said - Super Sized Big Mac combo meal! You will see a fight like none before it.

this is a fight I'd like to see, will hunt be able to ko roy or roy will take him down and submit him. I'd favor hunt by KO

Sounds good to me. I think Roy wins with far superior grappling.
Roy isn't exactly a great wrestler and Hunt's TDD was good enough for Rothwell. So I think Mark can keep it standing and get a UD or even join Arlovsky in "knock-Nelson-out" club.

This is pretty cruel for Barry...
If he fights smart and blasts Roy's legs out with lowkicks he can cruise to a UD win. But Pat will most likely be dragged into a brawl and lose.

Roy would probably take him down and submit him. Hunt doesn't have the BJJ that Roy has.

I keep hearing about this JJ that Roy has but it's never been seen in the UFC. It's almost like Bigfoot. Not the Silva Bigfoot but the hairy one. It's like it's almost a myth

I keep hearing about this JJ that Roy has but it's never been seen in the UFC. It's almost like Bigfoot. Not the Silva Bigfoot but the hairy one. It's like it's almost a myth

Well he's a BJJ black belt. Take it for what it's worth but the guy has a legit ground game. He just hasn't really needed it because he also has power in his hands. And his wrestling isn't great, so getting the fighters to the ground is the hard part.

I like how some just skip over or don't know that Roy has terrible takedowns and wrestling himself.

He rarely gets people down when he tries. Like last night he had nothing for a novice like Meathead in that regard. He tried and tired hard to take Meat down and couldn't while others have. Mir of all people tossed Roy around and outwrestled him.
hunt will out cardio him for the rd. 3 finish.

Roy gets him down and catches him in a sub.

i'd love to see this fight, i don't think roy can take hunt down so it should be a good scrap on the feet, hunt by tko.

Is Roy Nelson the white Mark Hunt, or is Mark Hunt the polynesian Roy Nelson?

Do not want, bad match up for Hunt. Although Hunt could still KO him, Roy's ground game is worrying.

Hunto wins

He's just all around better

The only thing they have in common is they're both fat

What the hell, was reading an article for future matchups like Kongo vs Nelson and it hit me. Why did Hunt and Nelson ever even talk about matching up, very similar styles and bodytype

Back