Roy Nelson vs Derrick Lewis Ufc 197

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know this was previously rumored but now it seems as if its close to official.

Who do you favor? Still think Nelson is a pretty big favorite.

I would think that Nelson would have to be the favorite going in, but who knows? Like most Nelson fights, could get ugly if it goes more than a round.

The one known as Big Country should be the HEAVY favorite in this match. I do not see the beast being able to break down a great champion with a strong will like Roy Nelson. This would all be different if Derrick Lewis would come to terms with the darkside, learn the ways and train properly before this battle.

Derrick Lewis' game actually revolves around GnP. He's such a big dude at 265 lbs he doesn't necessarily need to be all that skilled just land a few bombs in transition. Having said that, I think I saw him hitting pads recently he didn't look all too bad maybe he's turning a corner.

Roy should be more skilled off his back than many of Derrick's opponents so he'll probably win the positional battle. If he's smart he'd take Lewis down.

Think this fight will look like Nelson Vs Mitrione. My pick : Big Country

what's that 20 fights in the ufc? anyone left he hasn't fought

I'm going with The Black Beast for the upset.

I don't see Lewis getting into position for his ground and pound before Nelson feeds him a whopper but who knows. Should be a way better fight than Nelson's last, that's for sure.

Im a Nelson fan and if he has one more Walk Off KO in him it'll be against someone like Lewis...that being said Lewis can very well win this fight.

Ima go with Big Country first round KO.

Idk who wins but no one should make a huge bet on a HW fight

Surprised to see ufc wanting to build Roy up again, thought they'd throw him in their with someone like Arlovski or JDS/Rothwell loser, wait for the inevitable L, cut Roy and call er a day.

it'll be a fun fight as long as it lasts. the problem is that roy is durable and should be able to withstand lewis' initial burst of aggression. then lewis will slow down and roy will put him away. either that or roy will capitalize on lewis' aggression and use his superior ground game to put lewis away.

Surprised to see ufc wanting to build Roy up again, thought they'd throw him in their with someone like Arlovski or JDS/Rothwell loser, wait for the inevitable L, cut Roy and call er a day.

He's their gatekeeper to the top 10. Has lost to every top 10 guy and beaten every non-top 10 guy. It would be foolish of them to cut him when there is no one to take his place.

A great resume boost for black beast if he can get the win.

Back