Roy Jones vs Calzaghe

I actually thought Hopkins had a decent chance against Joe. He was only a point off on my card.

But seirously...RJJ? he's get wasted. stylistically its bad for him.

I think Calzaghe beats him up for a good portion of the fight and then KO's him, Calzaghe is on top of his game right now!!

This is pretty good comedy. Jones fights an over-the-hill fat Trinidad in a side-show fight and Jones nutlickers have returned.

Get over it. Roy amazingly couldn't get superfights to happen back then, now that Roy is just looking for a paycheck instead of milking the public by putting up some aura of invincibility by fighting no-hopers Jones has so big courage.

C'mon man, that's not fair. Roy has fought great fighters and made it look easy. Roy is an all-time great.

If Jones fight Calzaghe Jones will lose in a one sided fashion again. It's been a long time since Jones has showed good form against a legit fighter. I think people must have forgot that he's been kayoed in pretty brutal fashion the last two times he fought credible opposition.

I agree here; Roy looks pretty shot. I don't see him giving Zag too many problems at this point. Ironically, a rematch with Hopkins might be better stylistically.

Did Joe have a website dedicated to taunting Jones years back?

Kept on calling him "duck" and something like that.

Roy can be knocked out sure, but he can't be SLAPPED OUT. JC use of artificial hand speed i e pulling one punch short to roll the next on wont score points like they did against Bhop. Roy will want to settle this by handspeed, not slap speed. Speed guys dont like being beat to the punch(slap) by guys slower than them. Obvioiusly JC would be the logical choice I admit that. I'm not going to tell you that Roy will win but LOL at you guys giving RJJr no shot. JC is a sucker for the sneeky right hand? You never know, Roy might have a field day. Roy looked the best he's looked in five years or so with one hand and JC didnt look that good last night. What if Roy decides to throw in combination? He might as well, this fight will be in close range where he can't pop shot anyways.

Roy can be knocked out sure, but he can't be SLAPPED OUT. JC use of artificial hand speed i e pulling one punch short to roll the next on wont score points like they did against Bhop. Roy will want to settle this by handspeed, not slap speed. Speed guys dont like being beat to the punch(slap) by guys slower than them. Obvioiusly JC would be the logical choice I admit that. I'm not going to tell you that Roy will win but LOL at you guys giving RJJr no shot. JC is a sucker for the sneeky right hand? You never know, Roy might have a field day. Roy looked the best he's looked in five years or so with one hand and JC didnt look that good last night. What if Roy decides to throw in combination? He might as well, this fight will be in close range where he can't pop shot anyways.

great to see slapping can knock out 32 out of 45 professional boxers :rolleyes:

With Calzaghe's resume of fighters, there's no way he should ever say anything about Jones'. Both of these guys wasted their primes.

i got rjj on this one, i dont think its a good matchup for calzaghe. can't remember rjj ever getting overwhelmed by pressure.

its more like a big 1-2 takes rjj out, or he takes himself outta the fight.

i think zag is open for rjj's pot shotting tactics. rjj still got enough speed and heat on his shots to keep zag off. atleast thats what i think.

i got rjj on this one, i dont think its a good matchup for calzaghe. can't remember rjj ever getting overwhelmed by pressure.

Glen Johnson's KO over Jones came as a result of constant pressure. He was on Jones the entire fight.

Calzaghe should probably take this one. Although I am a huge RJJ fan, Jones has problems with tall southpaws who will come forward and pressure fighters. This is something Calzaghe does very well.

There's a reason why RJJ and Bernard Hopkins turned down offers from Joe Calzaghe to a match in the past. This is well-documented, BHop doesn't even deny it.

I think this fight could be intriging. i could see both of these fighters winning the fight, JC by pressuring RJJ out scoring him similiar to what he did with B-Hop. but if RJJ goes out and THROWS punches (similiar to the way he fought in the trinidad fight) i thinks his skills, his power and quickness could end the fight early. you have to give RJJ the power advantage and he's still very fast but he could tire out. i think it would be an entertaing fight to watch, it couln't be any worse than what B-Hop put out there Saturday night

Glen Johnson's KO over Jones came as a result of constant pressure. He was on Jones the entire fight.

Indeed. Johnson appeared to be a rabid dog in heat for that fight. CONSTANT pressure and an absolutely devastating KO to conclude the affair.

Rematch with Kessler, and this time I hope JC will want to fight him out of wales, just like he did with Bhop.

Calzaghe via decison. This would be a more entertaining fight than the Hopkins fight but I think Joe's workrate would give him the upper hand over a somewhat shot RJJ.

pretty much what he said.

Rematch with Kessler, and this time I hope JC will want to fight him out of wales, just like he did with Bhop.

Calzaghe decisively beat Kessler. Then he jumped up to LHW and captured the title in that division.

What has Kessler done since then to warrant another shot at Calzaghe?

Kessler is a great fighter, but at this point a rematch with Calzaghe makes 0 sense.

You guys know my boy Anderson Silva would straight embarrass Joe Cal. Joe would go slap happy and Anderson would do the MATRIX and be dodgin' all those punches. Don't give me that smirk. You fucking know it!!!

You guys know my boy Anderson Silva would straight embarrass Joe Cal. Joe would go slap happy and Anderson would do the MATRIX and be dodgin' all those punches. Don't give me that smirk. You fucking know it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back