Roy Jones vs Calzaghe

Aloha Brah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this match was almost guaranteed by RJJ. who do you think takes it?

i believe rjj is going to ko calzaghe. calzaghe's punches are not going to be respected by roy and roy is going ko his ass

pass me what you're smoking kind sir for i believe you're as high as a kite.

Calzaghe via decison. This would be a more entertaining fight than the Hopkins fight but I think Joe's workrate would give him the upper hand over a somewhat shot RJJ.

Hard to say. That wasnt a good performance by Joe as he had to stoop to B-Hops level, but Id take Joe by decision

Calzaghe will look far better against Jones than he did against Hopkins imo.

Jones will taste canvas in the late rounds, lopsided UD for Calzaghe.

Calzaghe needs to keep his damn hands up though or he'll find himself on the canvas again as well.

I agree that this fight is a stylisitc problem for an aging Jones.

He's not going to be able to keep up with Calzaghe and doesn't have the craftiness Hopkins does.

no way can rjj KO calzaghe.. 3 knockdowns in a 45 career and none of them were close to being knockouts.

can rjj outwork joe? no and without the ko it cant happen. but IMO i think calzaghe should forget about rjj and go for pavlik.. undefeated records at stake and more of a significant match.

Calzaghe would dominate Jones right now. i dont know why Jones wants this, he is too old to beat someone like Joe at this point, blown up welters are more his thing right now.

I'm a HUGE JC fan, and since I know James Toney, every instinct I have says Joe should beat RJJ, but my personal biases aside i like Roy in this one. just watch as Roy cements his legacy..thats if calzaghe even takes that fight(which he should, just for the $)

and I rooted for everyone to beat jones back in the day because I was bitter that he beat Toney. Hell I wanted Brannon to win, but props are due and Roy will outclass him if he has anything left.

y'all musta forgot..lol

I'm a HUGE JC fan, and since I know James Toney, every instinct I have says Joe should beat RJJ, but my personal biases aside i like Roy in this one. just watch as Roy cements his legacy..thats if calzaghe even takes that fight(which he should, just for the $)

What are your reasons for picking Jones?

I don't see the fight going any other way than RJJ leaning against the ropes and Calzaghe teeing off on him for 80 % of the fight, RJJ throwing two-punch combinations occasionaly (about every five minutes), and Calzaghe chasing him for the rest of the fight, winning a lopsided decision.

Fuck that fight, bring him Pavlik already. RJJ is done, don't need to build up Calzaghe any further, feed him to the wolves.

This is pretty good comedy. Jones fights an over-the-hill fat Trinidad in a side-show fight and Jones nutlickers have returned.

Get over it. Roy amazingly couldn't get superfights to happen back then, now that Roy is just looking for a paycheck instead of milking the public by putting up some aura of invincibility by fighting no-hopers Jones has so big courage.

If Jones fight Calzaghe Jones will lose in a one sided fashion again. It's been a long time since Jones has showed good form against a legit fighter. I think people must have forgot that he's been kayoed in pretty brutal fashion the last two times he fought credible opposition.

But I would certainly not mind seeing RJJ get his lights knocked out for a third time.

No, a prime Roy writes to the governing body that Calzaghe doesn't warrant a fight with him and Roy fights Ricky Frazier instead.

Joe doesn't hit hard enough to do serious Damage to Roy. Hopkins' face didn't have a single bump or bruise (and Joe landed a lot of shots).

Joe could overwhelm Roy because of the amount of punches he throws, and he's not afraid to move foward. A decision win for Joe seems very very plausible.

Back