Roy Jones Jr. Calls out anderson silva on Friday night Fights

it all depends on the context in which you mean 'loss'. I am strictly talking about his professional reputation and its effect on future interest in his/his company's shows. There's no doubt that he could retire and live wealthy for hte rest of his life in brazil for the money he would make from this fight, which may well be exactly what he plans to do, and I wouldn't blame him.

And, again, I want you to understand that I'm not talking just a decision loss, but a fight where Silva doesn't look like he belongs in the same arena. A fight where he gets cut, hurt several times, dropped with body shots, knocked out, and jones smiles through this and acts like it's another day at the office.

it all depends on the context in which you mean 'loss'. I am strictly talking about his professional reputation and its effect on future interest in his/his company's shows. There's no doubt that he could retire and live wealthy for hte rest of his life in brazil for the money he would make from this fight, which may well be exactly what he plans to do, and I wouldn't blame him.

Well yeah. I mean most of us here know that RJJ is well past his prime, but the armchair MMA fan along with the armchair boxing fan can be suprisingly ignorant about this sort of thing. I know some boxing 'fans' who don't even know that RJJ has been KO'd before.

Worst case scenario. Silva gets tooled by RJJ, goes back to the UFC a rich man and continues to dominate the middleweight division there. I mean, if a boxer can reinvent himself within his own sport I see no reason why Silva could retain credibility in MMA even after a loss to RJJ.

And, again, I want you to understand that I'm not talking just a decision loss, but a fight where Silva doesn't look like he belongs in the same arena. A fight where he gets cut, hurt several times, dropped with body shots, knocked out, and jones smiles through this and acts like it's another day at the office.

I agree, that's most likely what would happen. But it's kind of the same as a fighter moving up multiple weight divisions. You have that excuse to fall back on. "Yeah I got tooled bad, but I was moving up in weight and he was just the bigger man."

Wouldn't this be a win/win for Silva. I mean if somehow he beats Jones Jr. LOL, he builds some cred in the boxing community and probably gets the biggest payday of his life. If he loses to Roy he can always fall back on the "this isn't MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ so I had trouble with him at his own game."

I see what your saying but UFC is at alot more risk than RJJ is because the UFC knows that Silva would get damn near killed in their. Thats why they arent taking this fight. I mean how bad would it look for the UFC to have the best striker in the sport get destroyed in a boxing match?

Honestly, I am one of Silva's biggest fans. Hes an incredible athlete and one of the best fighters in MMA but the guy would get embarassed in their with RJJ. RJJ will just toy with him for a few rounds and can end it whenever he wants.

Geez if this fight has to happen, I sure wish it was a (10 years ago) Roy Jones. You know, if the fight has to happen, I want the best of Roy as a representation for boxing.

Mr pain (boxing forum regular) dropped this bomb in the HW forum. Always stirring up shit in the HW Forum and I love it!

this is the vid
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=769689

img3.jpg

:icon_twis:icon_twis

...f'in' $#!t-disturber...

Actually your threads appreciated, Mr. Pain.

It wouldn't be a win for Silva if Jones, who last performed well in a meaningful fight 5 years ago, dicks around with Silva, doing whateverthefuck he wants to ufc's elite athlete for 8 rounds before knocking him out easily and thus making him look silly. It would be a loss for Silva and the UFC's credibility. The certainty with which that will happen is making White say no for obvious reason. Silva wants to make 10 times what he makes in the ufc for a fight, also for obvious reason. The reason that these talks are even happening is because of the popularity that Silva has achieved with the aide of the UFC, so he really should realize why White doesn't want this and stfu.

No,MMA and Silva lose no credibility even if the fight does turn out that way.Silva will straight away in the post fight confrence come out and say" Ok now let's do it under MMA rules"...And Jones will start running and ducking eternally.Apart from the financial aspect ,this is a lose lose for Roy.

Back