Roy Jones Jr. Calls out anderson silva on Friday night Fights

Remixballa08

White Belt
Reaction score
Im not sure if any you guys watched it tonight but at the end the announcer asks Roy Jones Jr what his next plans are and He said he wants to fight Bernard if he Wins, Glen Johnson, or this "ufc guy" as he calls him, Anderson Silva. he said that dana white was talking all this crap to Floyd Mayweather when he was stating his usally slander towards the UFC, calling people out, etc. Then Dana White tells Floyd To Come fight but floyd says no. But when one of dana White's fighters calls out a boxer he Does not let him fight him. Roy also says that Anderson came to him and Roy Said he will fight him but Dana White doesn't want him too. So Roy Either wants to fight Glen Johnson, B-hop or Anderson Silva if dana lets him. I want to see Roy box Anderson just to give him a boxing lesson. Roy Jones is one of the greatest boxers of our era and he will smash Anderson in a match. As the same Anderson would do to Roy in a MMA match. So i do not see why this is all going on but i do hope it happens

oh and sorry for not having any videos are anything =/ but it is legit

I heard him call out Silva as well. If something like that ever were to happen, the hype for it would be off the charts.

Chris Byrd was on the telecast earlier with Jones as well and they were discussing a fight at LHW. Byrd was almost unrecognizable with the weight loss.

Some sports books were taking prospective bets before Dana took it off the table. RJJ was about a 25-1 favorite.

shucks...i'm only in time to catch the main. these hws need to train better in cardio.

will this guy make up his mind already....all we have heard from him for the last couple of weeks is how he wants calzaghe, and know he wants hopkins, and glen johnson, or the "ufc guy"?

i bet you any money he's not gonna fight any of these guys.

it's gonna be some unknown guy in the bottom top 10/15.

will this guy make up his mind already....all we have heard from him for the last couple of weeks is how he wants calzaghe, and know he wants hopkins, and glen johnson, or the "ufc guy"?

i bet you any money he's not gonna fight any of these guys.

it's gonna be some unknown guy in the bottom top 10/15.

Exactly,

The only reason why he wants Silva is because its going to be one of the easiest fights of his career and its going to be one of his biggest paydays.

Exactly,

The only reason why he wants Silva is because its going to be one of the easiest fights of his career and its going to be one of his biggest paydays.

Wouldn't this be a win/win for Silva. I mean if somehow he beats Jones Jr. LOL, he builds some cred in the boxing community and probably gets the biggest payday of his life. If he loses to Roy he can always fall back on the "this isn't MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ so I had trouble with him at his own game."

he didnt call out Silva, Silva wants to fight him. He called out Dana White. He said Dana is being a lil bitch.

I know RJJ and silva have talked. I can see they are doing a double pronged attack on dana white. Both are appealing to the boxing and mma worlds for the fight to happen. This actually might go down b4 2009. I sure as heck hope that it does. Lets see them fight.

This fight won't go away cause rjj and silva are in cahoots..they are both trying to prove that this fight is a money maker. and it is.

money talks.

Wouldn't this be a win/win for Silva. I mean if somehow he beats Jones Jr. LOL, he builds some cred in the boxing community and probably gets the biggest payday of his life. If he loses to Roy he can always fall back on the "this isn't MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ so I had trouble with him at his own game."

It wouldn't be a win for Silva if Jones, who last performed well in a meaningful fight 5 years ago, dicks around with Silva, doing whateverthefuck he wants to ufc's elite athlete for 8 rounds before knocking him out easily and thus making him look silly. It would be a loss for Silva and the UFC's credibility. The certainty with which that will happen is making White say no for obvious reason. Silva wants to make 10 times what he makes in the ufc for a fight, also for obvious reason. The reason that these talks are even happening is because of the popularity that Silva has achieved with the aide of the UFC, so he really should realize why White doesn't want this and stfu.

It wouldn't be a win for Silva if Jones, who last performed well in a meaningful fight 5 years ago, dicks around with Silva, doing whateverthefuck he wants to ufc's elite athlete for 8 rounds before knocking him out easily and thus making him look silly. It would be a loss for Silva and the UFC's credibility. The certainty with which that will happen is making White say no for obvious reason. Silva wants to make 10 times what he makes in the ufc for a fight, also for obvious reason. The reason that these talks are even happening is because of the popularity that Silva has achieved with the aide of the UFC, so he really should realize why White doesn't want this and stfu.

I think it would still be win for him financially. And like I said, he always has the fact that Jones is a former pound for pound champ and multiple division title holder to fall back on as an excuse.

So bottom line, it wouldn't be a loss for silva if he lost a close decision, but i would be a loss for him if an aging boxer who's been knocked out a few times recently makes him look like a child.

So bottom line, it wouldn't be a loss for silva if he lost a close decision, but i would be a loss for him if an aging boxer who's been knocked out a few times recently makes him look like a child.

Dude, you're taking what I'm saying literally. I'm saying an elite MMA fighter stepping into the ring to box against a former elite pound 4 pound champ BOXER and losing may be a loss on paper, but the pros still outweigh the cons. He would undoubtedby get a sizeable payday to fight Jones and I doubt he would lose any credibility amongst the MMA community because he's not a pro boxer.

They wouldn't market this fight as MMA Champ vs. Washed Up Former Lb. for Lb. Champ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back