Routine bean scream seen clean etc

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I took Urban's routine and kinda morphed it with the two day-split from the FAQ and added a couple of other randomness... Figured I may as well post it in case anyone has any comments, interests, or wants to try it out... here it is

*******Week #1*******

Day 1, Lifting Session #1:
1A)*Work up to a 1-3 rep max:
-Single DB Snatch
2A)*5-10 reps after each set
-GHR or Pull through
*5x3
-Push Press
1B)*5x5
-Weighted Pullups
2B)*5 reps after each set
-Some kind of slam (slamming weight from overhead to the floor)

Day 2, Conditioning #1:
*Light conditioning day
-Crossfit session
-Strongman medley
-etc

I would never do this program because there is no curling.

I would critique but it's too complicated for me to understand....sorry

I'm so confused

ugh... ok if it says for example

1A)*5x3
-Bench
2A)*5 reps
-One clap pushup

that means that I do 5x3 bench with 5 one clap pushups supersetted to it...

you guys are ghey its not that hard I swear lol

So I guess the format is

*Set rep scheme
-exercise

Why do you do so many supersets? What are your goals?

Ya I figured that but idk it seems like focusing on supersets and what not will take away from your strength gains.... I mean if you're fatiguing your muscles between sets how are you suppose to be as strong and rested for your next set? I know personally I wouldn't be able to do as much weight if I supersetted between my sets... but then again what do I know

eh... works ok for me because I can still lift pretty heavy after a super set... doesn't really have too much of a negative effect

then post the results after a month or two.

i'm thinking you would be moving more weight if you weren't supersetting, but i guess we'll find out.

i'm thinking you would be moving more weight if you weren't supersetting, but i guess we'll find out.

The reality is you probably would, but I began playing with supersets as a matter of temporal economy. At a certain point I just didn't have the time to wait it out in between sets. Placed to go, non-fires to not put out, you know?

Well I was already doing urban's routine for over a month and supersetted BW explosive movements really did not affect my numbers noticeably in any way... it actually seems to work quite well.

Good looking program. I drew up a similar one, also based on Urban's template with a few small tweaks and tried it out (had to switch up too early though) and loved it. Let us know how you do and props to Urban for the great program.

Well I was already doing urban's routine for over a month and supersetted BW explosive movements really did not affect my numbers noticeably in any way... it actually seems to work quite well.

Same here, no real problem with the first lift. The second lift, however...(Mostly just the cleans after a DL).

It's a fun way to get more work in, imo.

Same here, no real problem with the first lift. The second lift, however...(Mostly just the cleans after a DL).

It's a fun way to get more work in, imo.

Yeah the clean supersets I just couldn't handle lol... that is why I made all the explosive lifts more BW oriented since those don't affect my lift numbers.

Back