Routine advice

DaSurge26

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi, I hope this makes sense. So I workout on tues and thurs with a 2 day split like in the FAQ. Workout A being squats bench and Workout A being deadlifts and OHP. I workout weekly with wrokout A on tues and workout B on thurs, but I feel like I am sore and tired after the tuesday workout and cant really give a strong effort on my workout B on thurs. SO i was thinking of switching it up by alternating workouts. FOr example week 1 would be AB then week 2 would be BA ....etc. This would mean I would to tow of the s\ame workouts in a row but a few days apart. That way evey 2 weeks each I get a intense workout from A and B when it lands on tuesday because I have had a long time to recover. Is this a good idea or should I stick with ABABAB and work more on recovery?
ABABABA or ABBAAB?

Why don't you just put 2 days of rest in between the workout? For example, move A to Monday or B to Friday.

Squat, bench and deadlift on day A, then reduce the volume and intensity, and squat overhead press and deadlift on day B. Use variations on the deadlift, so one might be sumo, and the other conventional, or one might be deficit, and the other with chains. You could also consider using variations for the squat, Ie. one day low bar, the other day high bar. Reason being is that using variations of an exercise helps to minimize fatigue. And throw in some chins and face-pulls. Or at least thats how I'd do it.

That is if you can't shift days like FiveFeezy said.

I'm in the same boat as you, but with workout being only about 1 hour. I just stick with doing ABABAB and concentrating on recovery, with workout B having the exercise i recover longest from (in my case, deadlifts). If you have time, squat on both days (high-bar/low-bar, heavy/moderate).

Work on recovery. Rest properly, eat lots of food. With veggies. Or learn to train while sore - I haven't had DOMS for months because when I ignored it it largely went away. Might be a bit of bro science, IE only works for certain people, but you could try just ignoring the soreness.

How long have you been doing this? Usually after a couple weeks 1 day is plenty for me to rest. When I started tho, I was always sore for a few days after. I just took 1 month off due to a back injury tho and when I did my first squat day back, I was sore as shit for like 3 days.

Everyone is different tho.

Back